Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use this setup for a 4" service? I was wondering how many coils you cut off the 1911 spring.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Does anyone use this setup for a 4" service? I was wondering how many coils you cut off the 1911 spring.
I got these too for my HS9 Service, but haven't installed it yet. But this was the advise given to me by one of our trusted gurus here:

"You remove coils until the slide fully cycles and doesn't bind on the coils. You can insert the guide rod with no spring, mark on the rod where the slide comes back to, then remove coils until the slide comes back to the mark and remove 1/2 more coils."

HTH.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got these too for my HS9 Service, but haven't installed it yet. But this was the advise given to me by one of our trusted gurus here:

"You remove coils until the slide fully cycles and doesn't bind on the coils. You can insert the guide rod with no spring, mark on the rod where the slide comes back to, then remove coils until the slide comes back to the mark and remove 1/2 more coils."

HTH.
Yeah, I have heard that also. Maybe I am an idiot but assembling the gun with the guide rod but no spring is a lot easier said than done. The guide rod does not stay seated and defeats the purpose of trying to take any accurate measurement. idk..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts