Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was looking to upgrade my xd45 Tactical trigger and was wondering whether I should go with a Springer Precision upgrade or the Powder River Precision Match Trigger kit.

I was also looking to install Truglo TFO sights. It seems that the gunsmith at my range shies away from changing xd sights, so I guess I'd have to find someone else or try to get the company doing the trigger job (if I don't do it myself) to install them.

The PRP kit price point is very nice, and I seems like I should be able to do it myself, but from what I understand PRP would also install it for you for a nominal fee? Would they also be able to change the sights? If I try to do the trigger work myself, I understand the parts are only semi-drop-in, so if I need to do fitting, how difficult would that be?

The Springer trigger job is significantly more expensive, but I do notice they are willing to sell and install the TFO sights. Is the Springer trigger job any better that the PRP trigger job? What are the differences?

Thanks guys.

·
Vendor
775 Posts
Hi,

I was looking to upgrade my xd45 Tactical trigger and was wondering whether I should go with a Springer Precision upgrade or the Powder River Precision Match Trigger kit.

I was also looking to install Truglo TFO sights. It seems that the gunsmith at my range shies away from changing xd sights, so I guess I'd have to find someone else or try to get the company doing the trigger job (if I don't do it myself) to install them.

The PRP kit price point is very nice, and I seems like I should be able to do it myself, but from what I understand PRP would also install it for you for a nominal fee? Would they also be able to change the sights? If I try to do the trigger work myself, I understand the parts are only semi-drop-in, so if I need to do fitting, how difficult would that be?

The Springer trigger job is significantly more expensive, but I do notice they are willing to sell and install the TFO sights. Is the Springer trigger job any better that the PRP trigger job? What are the differences?

Thanks guys.
I can change the sights at the same time I do the trigger job. I charge $25.00 to install my trigger kits and $25.00 to install the sights.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am not familiar with the triggers from Powder River and I'm sure they are good but Scott Springer has done 3 of mine and they are all awesome. Less creep and overall takeup as well as a light and crisp break. My experience with Springer Precision has been great and worth every penny.
Just MHO

·
Registered
115 Posts
I recommend Powder River, I have a Match Kit in my XD45 Tactical and love it. Very short take up, light pull and crisp-as close to a 1911 as you're gonna get.

The trigger isn't hard to do, but I would just send the gun to Daniel and let him work it over if you need sights anyway. Just my two Lincolns...

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
i really like springer but i dont have any expierence with powder river, my guess is either will suit you just fine

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I have heard nothing but good things of Springer but have not dealt with them personaly. Powder River I have and installed his mod into one of my guns and its nothing less than superb!

·
Registered
349 Posts
XD-45 with a Springer precision trigger kit and bar, .1" mag eject button, Ion Bond complete pistol, trijicon night sights, mag-na-port, AGP springs in the mags.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Do you guys know if either one of these sell "XD's" with the mods. done?
I bought the XD in this pic from Springer and he went through the entire gun before shipping it to me.
It has snakeskin grip stippling, refinishing on slide, frame and controls, Dawson sights, Springer Carry/Combat trigger, extended mag release, IonBond coating on mags, etc.

The gun is gorgeous in person.

So yes, he can do about anything you need.

He's also done about 3 other XD's for me. Top notch work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts