Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another great spring season in Iowa. Got this guy @ 7:02 AM this morning trying to sneak in behind me. Having some friends over this afternoon so part of him will be on the grill. Now to decide which beer goes with breast.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congrats that's a nice looking bird! I've been out a few times here in VA for the spring season, but haven't managed to come across the birds yet.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
I don't hunt them myself, but a nice bearded tom walked through my back yard this morning. I live in the country in eastern Kansas.

·
Registered
64 Posts
nice bird I was thinking any beer that taste good to you will go perfect with it lol Grill is a good option I always been a fan of deep fry in peanut oil myself.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Depression this morning...I have hunted hard for 3 weeks in Ohio and have had more birds close than ever but just cant finish. This morning I setup on a bird at my house that i have hunted for 3 years. Thinking I have him pegged i setup on a powerline cut that hes roosted along and figuring he will fly down in the cut and come to me. He flies down in the woods and comes in behind me through the thickest crap...and I miss. Thats a kick in the gut boys. I wanted to cry. Im hanging it up for the year after that. Missed him at 6:15 this morning. I was su excited after listening to him gobble last evening sitting on my deck i hardly slept. And to MISS...ugh.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I feel your pain, anyone that hunts turkey does. I rushed my first shot and raked his chest then knocked him down with my second. More mornings, more birds. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
46,392 Posts
Another great spring season in Iowa. Got this guy @ 7:02 AM this morning trying to sneak in behind me. Having some friends over this afternoon so part of him will be on the grill. Now to decide which beer goes with breast.

Very nice!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts