Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious to know what are the advantages and or disadvantages (if any) of a stiffer spring. I am thinking about getting one for my XD9mm service model as a "upgrade" thanks :D

·
Registered
120 Posts
i bought a DGR and a 22lb spring and love it ten times over than the stock 18, even thinking about tryiing a 24lb

it reduces the muzzle flip, i feel drastically. i feel as if there is no recoil/muzzle flip noticable.

i also have an xd9. highly reccommend the 22lb.

a lot of people complain that its harder for them to rack the slide, but i hardly notice it...its tougher, yeah, and rightly so as you just added 4 lbs of pressure but i hardly notice the difference

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hey Homie! I am comparing the factory and 22lb Wolff spring and guide rod as we speak, and I think I prefer the factory spring, FWIW. I'll keep you posted as I compare them.

J

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got myself a Dons Rod and Wolff Spring combo myself. I guess I would have to say that it really depends on the person shooting. I myself felt no noticeable difference in the recoil or flip and my accuracy went way off too. I emailed and posted back and forth with Don for a bit on this, but really could not come up with any reasons for my accuracy. I also had a problem with failure to ejects...Don called me a "limp" wrister!! Ack!! I am not sure what is going on with my accuracy, but as soon as I put the factory spring in...I was back to my 2"ers (thats grouping, for you sick puppies). Any how, Don is great at customer service and most of the posts dealing with this combo have had really great results...just not me.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
DieTrying said:
Don called me a "limp" wrister!! Ack!!
Therapy is not covered under any implied warranty! :twisted: I think that DieTrying was having problem because of slide velocity. Having a kung-fu-grip may help, but is not required for shooting pleasure. DieTrying wasn't doing anything wrong but he was having poor luck with the heavy spring. It is not a great thing for everybody, but most of the feedback is positive.

My friend shooting my 1911 hits at a different point than I do for the same sight picture. At a 100 yard gong (not a typical range) he described the sight picture as still seeing the gong. I had to hold over to hit the gong with the same ammo and same pistol. The difference is our grip strengths and body mass (inertia).

I don't feel much of a difference in my 9mm pistol with a heavier spring, others love it! I do like it in my XD40.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts