Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added a Don's Guide Rod to my XD40 not long after I bought it in February 2005. The gun has approximately 1K rounds through it, most of that during the first first year-and-half after purchase. Since then the gun has been aired out at the range on different occasions, but for most of the last two-plus years the gun has sat in it's rug in the closet. After the last outing a few days ago (which was sweet by the way), when I cleaned the gun and put it back together I noticed the spring would not hold the slide closed against the tension of the striker. This tells me it's time to replace the spring. Anyone have to change theirs that soon? I was under the impression that they would last 2-3K before changeout (is there a time limit?). I put the stock rod back in for now and will order another spring, but I'm curious what kind of life some of you are getting. I guess I got spoiled by an old Colt I used to have. I had it for 24 years, never changed the spring and never had a problem. The one with the DGR is a 20# if that detail matters.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts