Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend just bought a colt 1911 and at the range he split four mags gave him one of mine and it split that too any ideas??????

·
Registered
7,623 Posts
When you say split magazines what exactly do you mean? Any pictures? Are these quality mags or cheap aftermarket mags?

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
That's why you carry a spare mag, in case your mag has a blow out.
Buy Wilson Combat mags for your 1911 and they'll never fail.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
I agree. I have several Wilsons that are well over 10 years old and still work perfectly.

Why anyone that is halfway serious about having a 1911 does not have Wilson mags is beyond me. Everyone should own at least one.

If they blow out..Wilson will replace them...lifetime warranty...but I doubt you'll need it.

- brickboy240

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they are spliting will have pics soon will get some from him in a couple of days one i gave him was a kimber mag splitting on primer side of mag on both sides never seen anything like this happen

·
Premium Member
1,560 Posts
It's gotta be something in the firearm causing it. Will wait for pics...

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
That's why you carry a spare mag, in case your mag has a blow out.
Buy Wilson Combat mags for your 1911 and they'll never fail.
Do the wilson's fit a Springfield and a Kimber?

And are the Chip McKormick as good as well? 50% of the people I talk to say Chip, the other 50% say Wilson. I like OEM, but some guy at the range was bashing Kimber Tac mags.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
single stack fullsize 1911 mags a good to go

·
Banned
5,690 Posts
People I know who really know 1911's say Kimber mags suck, but I have no experience with them. Supposedly a Kimber rep says serious shooters throw out any mag they get with the gun and replace them with Wilsons. I laughed because that's exactly what I do.

The Chip mags are good, the Wilson Combat mags are good.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
People I know who really know 1911's say Kimber mags suck, but I have no experience with them. Supposedly a Kimber rep says serious shooters throw out any mag they get with the gun and replace them with Wilsons. I laughed because that's exactly what I do.

I'm not talking stock kimber blued mags, I'm talking SS kimber tac mags.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Mags are one of those funny things. My wife has a Kimber Compact that is a generation 1. It came with Shooting Star mags (McCormicks), and they have worked fine. For carry in that weapon she has Wilson's. For my full size I have used Kimber mags (bought 3 years ago), Wilson 47D's, Shooting Star and Power Mags. I actually prefer the Power Mags, but the Kimbers have been flawless. I can use the Wilson, but in one particular pistol it won't lock the slide back most of the time. Yes, it's been fixed, and yes it still does it.

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
Sooner or later you guys are going to graduate to Tripp Research CobraMag's and never look back... I almost smacked myself for purchasing Wilson Combat mags after getting my hands on a couple of the Tripp mags.

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts

I'll take them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts