Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have experience with this finish. According to Deb at Springfield the FBI orders this finish standard :twisted:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I haven't gotten mine done yet but when I called SA coustom they told me that WE Birdsong and associates here in Mississippi does it for them exclusively. I had thought about Robar but when I heard that this guy was from Florence Mississippi I have decided to keep my money here at home with him. They do all of the contract pistols for the FBI so that should say how good the finish is!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts

I dont see how thats too much different (looking) than the stock black finish on XD's. As far as coloration anyways. Whats the word on getting that trigger put on an XD though, lol? Is it even possible to convert?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I've got plans in the works to send my slide off for the black-t next week.
I tend to try to go all out with just about everything....even though it is fairly expensive
Might as well get the best possible finish besides hard chrome for my favorite weapon, and keep it nice.
I've already got armory kote on my other XD...but I'll prolly send it off too for the same service :wink:

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have now officeially held my gun up to the screen. Whats so much different about it (looking anyways) that you would say
I tend to try to go all out with just about everything....even though it is fairly expensive

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Why would someone buy an expensive HUMMER when an old Jeep will do just as good? Because we can! :p

·
Registered
388 Posts
XD 40 mike said:
I have now officeially held my gun up to the screen. Whats so much different about it (looking anyways) that you would say
I think most people that go for Black-T and other, similar finishes do so more for the protection and durability that they provide than for sheer looks.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I'm very curious as to how this black-t stuff will hold up to scratches, compared to the Armor Kote.
I'm not too worried about rust, since I keep a layer of Armadillo protectant on em.
My XD-9 still has the stock finish on it....no rust whatsoever....my XD-40 has Armory Kote....Fobus holster scratches, but never any rust....I would like to keep my new XD-9 as new as possible looking....just because I want it to be that way. I don't carry it as often as I do my 40, just kinda like to have it nice and clean in the gun cabinet, and it be the same as after trips to the range etc.
I dunno how to explain what I mean :?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts