Springfield XD Forum banner

Spikes upper and TulAmmo

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Ruaerikoholic 
#1 ·
I was shooting my AR-15 with a spikes upper,lower and a pmag this sunday and I ran into my first issue with tul ammo. Out of every 20 rounds I would have about 4 or 5 failure to feeds. For some reason the dam round would not feed into the chamber :(. This is the first time its happend and I just wanted to ask do you guys think it was just a bad day or is tulammo just not going to run at all in my gun anymore? Ive shoot this stuff before and never had an issue but for some reason this sunday my baby just did not like my choice of cheap ammo. I will post a vid tonight of me shooting 20 rounds and having 4 ftf

#3 ·
I don't have a spikes I have a DPMS and shoot mostly Tula and wolf military classic. The only issue I have run into is when loading the first round it sometimes hangs up but I half suspect it's a result more so of the cheap feeling charging handle than the ammo. No issues what so ever when shooting though.

#4 ·
It runs fine in my MP lower and bushy upper. Maybe check the feed ramps?

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.