Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all i have been lusting over AR's for a while now and since i am rather broke all the time i want to buy a stripped lower and just start peicing together a rifle over the course of 6 months or so.
I have heard great things about spikes and i can get a stripped lower locally for $120.
Anything else out there worth looking at before i pull the trigger on this?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Buy the Spikes. I got a stripped lower from them when they were 89 bucks...wish I had bought more! Finish is a very dark satin black. I cannot recommend Spikes highly enough. I have a love for the platform and have experience with LMT, BCM, and Spikes firsthand. You can't go wrong and I'd take them into combat. Yes they are that good. BTW Colt and FN are also overrated. I have a ton of experience with them as well due to my job. Colt makes our M4's and FN makes our M16s. Our M16s are more reliable than our M4's but FN makes our SAW....eehhhh that's another story. If you get Spikes you'll be happy. I have a great upper from them.

·
Registered
793 Posts
You can get it here for a few bucks cheaper, but you will have to wait a little while.
Spike's Tactical AR15 Lower Receiver

My build is all Spikes and fit and finish were great. The lower is a little lighter color but not enough to really tell, but that's a possibility when you buy them separate.

Also, check out Palmetto State Armory. They seem to get rave reviews and the next rifle I build (for a friend) will be their stuff. They had a Fathers day sale on lowers and they were 50 bucks, and there is a rumor there will be another one on Labor Day. If that sale actually happens, I don't think I could help myself and will pick up one (or two).

Also, I'll say it before someone else does. All lowers are basically the same and most top brands are made by a handful of machine shops.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thanks, i im going to go ahead and buy it then.
I thought about buying online but the cheapest ffl i can find (that i would give my business to anyway) is $60.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Visited Palmetto State Armory the other day. Awesome shop with great people. I was able to confirm that Aero does make PSA and most of Spikes, so you are getting the same quality for a lower price. I have a Spikes complete rifle (PSA wasn't open yet) and I love it. My buddy is about to commence on a PSA rifle and it will come in $200 lower than mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just recently purchased a spike lower for myself and my girl friend. I add a sig 516 upper to it, and it shoots like a charm. The best part is, that the Spikes lower and my sig 516 are a complete color match!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts