Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new cheaper than dirt catalog yesterday and they have blemished spikes lowers for I think $70, I cant remember for sure, I am at work so I can't look
Anybody order one of these?
wonder what the blemish is, just a bad area inthe finish?

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I would assume that no 2 blemishes would be alike so it would be kind of hard to say how big they are, where they're located, or anything else without seeing them in person.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Buy it then beat the heck out of it. Its a combat tool. :)

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
has anybody had any experience with spikes? my friend talks them up like crazy. they seem to be good quality and good prices.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I have heard few complaints about Spikes. Although i remember seeing pictures from one guy who chopped a reciever in half with a band saw once because he said it was so bad out of spec LOL

I own one of the older ones, but they have bought completed stripped lowers from several sources since then.

(they don't actually make their lowers or uppers). So, based on different sources, the finished products will vary. Last I heard they were using Aero Precision, which cost about $30 less than the Spikes' roll mark and Aero also make the Surplus Ammo and Arms and Palmetto State Armory lowers, which are often on sale for around $50.

If you want to drink the SPIKED kool-aid, that's OK, they're not really bad, but you're buying into a name. I own various brands and don't really think they're any better or worse than most any other reciever out there.

Not trying to ruffle anyone's feathers, but you asked an honest question and I gave you an honest answer.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
yea man thanks. i just have a friend who is hyping them up like crazy. i ask about different builds and LMT this or larue that and all he says is spikes spikes spikes. lol.

·
Registered
481 Posts
A lower is a lower is a lower for the most part. If you want to buy into the brand hype, its your money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts