Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I need a scope and rings/mount for standard forged A3 receiver ( view it here ). I think this is my final peice to complete my build...when all the parts get here...

Heres the deal, (remember you don't have 20 year old eyes anymore either lol) you have $450.00 left and need a scope to get out to 300-400 yds for P-Dogs with .223/5.56. Will be shooting in all light conditions, morning...noon...late evening so light transparency is important. Given this info, I want you to spend my $450.00 for me. Lets tally up how many ppl agree on one scope and that will be the one that I put on this build...(although I do reserve the right to change my mind...lol)

Thanks guys! :cool:

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
61 Views and 1 reply...lol...whats your suggestions?

·
Registered
793 Posts
I'd recommend something in the Vortex optics line. I think the Diamondbacks are in that price range. I have no direct experience with them, but I do have a red dot made by Vortex and love it. If I were to get a multi powered scope, it would be one of theirs.

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
OK--my suggestion is save more money and get some good glass.
I started with a great mount, and OK glass.

it holds zero just fine

I originally bought this scope for a different rifle, I was planning a a different one for this rifle, but then the economy $H!+ the bed and I wound up using it. The scope has been on and off, banged around for the last couple of years and still holds zero.

The scope is a [email protected]$$ CenterPoint 4-16x40 with a red and green illuminated mil-dot reticule that I bought a the mal-wart for $67 bux. I still plan to change it out for a better one.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone give some input on the Nikon Monarch UCC 6.5-20X44 AO? Am looking at this one, found one for under 250.00 and the other for just over 350.00. Looks like the retail range on them is anywhere from about 450.00 up to 699.00 was the highest I seen, refurbs going for about 350.00 too.

How would the quality of this scope compare with a Burris Fullfield II, say a 3-9x40? I can not help but think that the Burris would provide a better sight picture as far as brightness. 3-9x40, from any manufacture, seems to be the most popular of scopes...lol for a reason I'm sure...

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I started with a great mount, and OK glass.

it holds zero just fine

I originally bought this scope for a different rifle, I was planning a a different one for this rifle, but then the economy $H!+ the bed and I wound up using it. The scope has been on and off, banged around for the last couple of years and still holds zero.

The scope is a [email protected]$$ CenterPoint 4-16x40 with a red and green illuminated mil-dot reticule that I bought a the mal-wart for $67 bux. I still plan to change it out for a better one.
What is the mount you are using....Im liking it...

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
What is the mount you are using....Im liking it...
The good ol' LT104

LaRue Tactical SPR / M4 Scope Mount QD LT-104

returns to zero, guaranteed. You can get 30mm or 1" rings, I went for 30mm rings with inserts for 1" tube, because you know, I want a better scope. They threw the inserts in on the deal, gratis. ( I was totally prepared to pay the $30 tag for the inserts )

LaRue Tactical is worth every penny, lifetime guarantee to boot.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The good ol' LT104

LaRue Tactical SPR / M4 Scope Mount QD LT-104

returns to zero, guaranteed. You can get 30mm or 1" rings, I went for 30mm rings with inserts for 1" tube, because you know, I want a better scope. They threw the inserts in on the deal, gratis. ( I was totally prepared to pay the $30 tag for the inserts )

LaRue Tactical is worth every penny, lifetime guarantee to boot.

Will be placing my order before morning! Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts