Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
I love digging bullets out of the mud. We shoot into a clay river bank on the farm and I often find bullets in remarkably good shape. I have found 300 grain XTP 45 bullets fired from my muzzle loaded in nearly perfect shape. No expansion at all, hardly any marks at all.

mcb

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Looks like the Gold Dots expaned more did they retain as much weight as the Hornady?

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
I like the weight retention and expasnion of the gold dot. Thanks for the info. Hope you get a chance to test hydra shocks. Since the bullets were different weight you can't compare match velocity but do you have any info on feet per second? Do you have a Chrony?

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No chrony yet .The pact mark 4 timer / chrony is on my need list :wink:
I reloaded them with universal [email protected]=875/speer 13
[email protected]=1159/speer 13
Going to frozen jug test some fedral classics hi-shock's ,Berry's plated hp and some crazy turbo looking things I can't think of the name right now.
Wish I had some fedral hydro-shock's I almost never even look at wallmart ammo any more :roll:

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Neat. Speer is honest when it tells us "bonded bullets"
Too cool man. I'll have to try that!

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
After reading the last few posts here, I'm feeling pretty good about the gold dots in my HD guns! :)

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Can't wait! I have .40's & .45's, and I want to know I've got the best loaded for defense. Thanks RT for taking the time to publish your results. 8)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts