Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
A buddy of mine in that is a law enforcement range instructor gave me a new box of Speer Gold Dot 9mm Luger +p
124 GR. GDHP any thoughts on this ?? I have the XD 3in sub-compact has anyone used this he said load with this when I carry. I don't know alot about ammo loads yet
Thanks

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
The 124 gr GDHP is an excellent choice for defensive ammo. I prefer 147 gr ammo in my subcompact because it has a wider window of expansion. Therefore it's likely that the decreased velocity that comes with a shorter barrel won't negatively affect expansion. Having said that though, if I was getting free 124gr GDHPs I'd probably use those! I'd encourage you to shoot lots of your defensive ammo out of your gun to ensure that it's 100% reliable and that you're used to it. The last thing you want is to get in a gunfight and realize that your gun doesn't like the ammo that you're feeding it, which sometimes happens. You can buy your own 124gr GDHP in many gun shops so don't worry about shooting it all up. Either you can just buy some more or get some more from your friend.

brad cook

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I dont know about 3" but my 4" eats them fine. I usually go thru about 25 rds every 6 months just to be sure it functions with them.

Any other time its WWB since the +P all the time will accelerate wear.

·
Registered
325 Posts
n a couple hundred though my 4" so far and have had no failures at all. I think it is a great round.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts