Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new XD9, which is awesome, and need a speed loader. The Beretta 92 model is supposed to fit, but the base of the XD magazine is too thick. What have others done. I suppose I can always use a Dremel and make the base slot wider. Suggestions would be welcome! :roll:

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
For the XDSC mags, the SuperThumbs are nice. They work well, but not as intuitive as the HKS loaders. The HKS version won't work on the SC mags, but they are excellent for the full size mags. My HKS has nearly 10,000 rounds on it and it is far from wearing out.

OS

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
I use the HKS type and prefer it over the thumb for the service model. Makes it load super fast and easy. My father once saw it and said "that plastic looks like it'll wear out", I showed him =), 11,000 rounds and going.

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
HKS from Pistol gear

·
Registered
68 Posts
Just ordered a Superthumb from Pistol-Gear. I'm glad to see that they offer Paypal as an option. I'm usually paranoid about online stores that I have not dealt with, but their price seems good.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Kevin Bharne said:
Just ordered a Superthumb from Pistol-Gear. I'm glad to see that they offer Paypal as an option. I'm usually paranoid about online stores that I have not dealt with, but their price seems good.
Scott and Pari Mr and Ms. Old school are the best great poeple with a great store :D

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Kevin Bharne said:
That's good to hear, R/T. I have a feeling that they'll be getting a LOT of my business.
Not sure where you are? but I get all my stuff over night here in MI and he is planning another group shoot if you look in his forum here. :D
I had a blast last year and been hooked on action shooting since 8)

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
R/T Performance said:
Kevin Bharne said:
Scott and Pari Mr and Ms. Old school are the best great poeple with a great store :D
plus 1

·
Registered
68 Posts
I live in Kentucky, so it'll take a bit longer, I'm sure.

OT, just got my new FAL metric mags and bipod from CDNN, so I'm pretty stoked today.

I really wish there was a gun club near here to join, to partake in shooting events. I think there's one nearby, which my gunsmith knows about, so I'll probably join up on it, if they do shooting events. I live in the middle of nowhere, so the nearest indoor shooting range that's open to the public is over an hour away. I'm in an isolated area, out of city limits, on my large farm, though, so I usually do my shooting out here.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
Kevin, thanks for the order. You should receive it early next week, as it takes a few days for echecks to clear through PayPal.

Thanks for the support, guys!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Is one of the two offerred by Pistol-Gear better than the other?

I see that the SuperThumb is $7 whereas the other is $10, and by all means dont mind saving money, but not if I am going to be sacrificing function or quality..

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
They are both quality, yet different in design. I prefer the HKS version as it seems to be faster and more intuitive. That said, we sell many of the SuperThumbs and guys seem to really like them. It is personal preference; both are good.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts