Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What holster is good for competitions that require a quick draw? (..quick is a relative term when applied to me. :wink:) We're shooting some Steel Challenge type matches and the factory holster isn't ideal for this type of speed competition. I really liked the looks of the Safariland 014, but they don't list it for the XDM 5.25. Does anyone use one of their models with an XDM? Is the Blade-Tech Pro-Series a worthwhile option?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I run a bladetech and I love it. I added the DOH option. Which is the Drop and Offset. It moves the grip away from your hip about an inch making it much easier and quicker to draw.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
The Comp-Tac paddle holsters are pretty popular with competition crowd. They're another one you might want to take a look at as well.

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Another vote for bladetech. I have three: DOH for xd9 (drop and offset) previously in limited division now in production division, offset but no drop for 1911 (can't drop for single stack division in USPSA), and most recently DOH for custom built 2011 in limited division. I should put that gun on a race holster for limited division but just can't hang that much money on a little bracket with no protection against bumping something between stages.

They work great. I like silicon spray occasionally on inside, makes them even smoother for draw with less dust sticking inside.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for all the responses.
It was especially reassuring to hear the positive comments for the Blade-tech DOH.
Time to send Mr. Potterfield some money. :smile:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts