Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum (joined today), and I initially joined just to jump into a discussion about a scamming online ammo seller. Now that that post is all set, I figured I would post my usual new-forum shout-out to ammo collectors which is about what I am interested in: special-purpose gadgety pistol ammo. The weird stuff with odd tips; exploders, multiball, darts, cutters, slicers, dicers, expanders, plastics & teflon. I have an extensive history in collecting & researching and a large collection. I'm with the International Ammunition Association (IAA), and I have written a book on the topic of pistol-caliber armor piercing ammo which is my main point of collecting. Below are pics of the stuff I collect; a reference sheet I made for pistol-caliber AP ammo, a box of mixed caliber specialty ammo, and a box of 9mm specialty ammo. Some people recognize the middle box photo as having been around in other forums from a user named "AlWilliam". I know Al, and I bought most of his collection a few years ago. Last year I made an identification key for the middle box at this address: http://ammo.ar15.com/project/Handgun_Ammo_FAQnRules/ExoticHandgunAmmo.htm I've done some articles for the IAA journal and some table displays at the St Louis International Cartridge shows each year. Please ask questions or let me know if you are interested in collecting this stuff as well. My website which is under construction (information only, I am not selling anything) is here: http://www.gadgetbullets.com

KTW Teflon, American Ballistics, National Cartridge, Alia armor piercing, Omnishock, Geco Metal piercing, Remingotn Hi-way master, Peters Highway patrol, SIB armor piercing, Arcane 9mm, VBR ammo, SCMITR, GEA Cyclone, 7.62x25 API, ALPHA 9mm, CBAP 9mm, ANSB, Libra Snail, M39/B, 6.5x25 CBJ, PPS MSC, 224 VOB, 223 timbs, Magsafe, Beehive, armscor strike 3, equalloy, hydrashok, village metalworks safe stop, multiball, kawser pingrabber, kawser pin grabber, velet exploder, velex exploder, FXlabs, D&D omega star, Thunderzap, BBM hardcap, cobra gun HSA, Hirtenberger EMB, DAG Action-3, simunition, Aguila IQ, Triton quick shok, Hi Vel Hypersonic, Mesko Hornet, Mesko Mosquito, Mesko Wasp, XM261, KTW 22 pokey, etc...

·
Registered
19,687 Posts
looks like at least half of that could only be used in a carbine legally.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Groo - I see why you might think that since there's lots of misinformation spewed out by the media and anti-gun politicians, but half of that pistol ammo is fully legal in all states, and only the AP loads would be restricted in CA, IL, TX, KY, NJ, Wash D.C., and only "truncated" pistol AP is restricted in FL & RI. A few other states have restrictions on pistol ammo with Teflon coatings (KTW), but there is plenty of pistol caliber AP ammo without Teflon coating to use in those state. The federal law from 1986 only restricts the commercial importation of, and commercial manufacture of such ammo. Even in any of those restricted areas, anyone can own that stuff if they have a class 10 / 11 FFL.

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
what are the thv round for?

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
Nice collection of odd ball stuff. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Very cool collection - thanks for sharing!

I look forward to your new website.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts