Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching for one of these great rifles for a few years now. I was lucky enough to win one today from GunBroker at a decent price. Now I just have to wait about a week til I can pick it up and look it over.

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
I have been searching for one of these great rifles for a few years now. I was lucky enough to win one today from GunBroker at a decent price. Now I just have to wait about a week til I can pick it up and look it over.
one of my faves...Brownells has an excellent Scout Rail setup for them...pictures when it arrives?

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
MAUSER 98 SCOPE MOUNT | Brownells

disregard...that part number is the rail we used on my K98...they don't stock a proprietary rail for the FR8 any longer...I will see if I have a source for a approximate replacement

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
I had to look it up to see what you were talking about. Cool looking gun. Looking forward to pics and your range report.
Spain rebarreled K98 rifles for their Defense Forces in the 1950s using CETME barrels...it is essentially a bolt-action CETME .308 or as we refer to them, FrankenMausers

·
Premium Member
127,988 Posts
Pics please

·
Premium Member
127,988 Posts
Yes, it does. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
nice pic. cool rifle

·
Premium Member
27,915 Posts
The FR-8 is a beast to shoot without a recoil pad!

The rear sight is a rotatable peep sight which works great and the front sight is adjustable.

They make excellent brush guns because they are so short but they kick like a mule!

Here's a picture of mine...(notice the recoil pad!)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The FR-8 is a beast to shoot without a recoil pad!

The rear sight is a rotatable peep sight which works great and the front sight is adjustable.

They make excellent brush guns because they are so short but they kick like a mule!

Here's a picture of mine...(notice the recoil pad!)

Nice Rifle? Did you refinish it? If so, how? And what recoil pad did you use?

My FFL went on vacation, so I am still waiting to pick up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts