Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
curious how other southpaw shooters manipulate the slide button on a reload?

I will slide the clip into position then place the front of the trigger guard into the web of my right hand between the thumb and forefinger while pointed down, manipulate the slide button with forefinger. it seems to work for me, but curious how others do it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I too have that southpaw problem, so, I either A.) Slingshot the slide with my right hand or B.) hit the slide release with my trigger finger, either way I have never had a problem keeping a pistol running after a reload.....:cool:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
slingshot is pulling the slide back and releasing it, same movement as shooting a slingshot. I was referring to the slide button after spent clips with the slide open

·
Registered
9,629 Posts

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Wait... let me get my K bar for the hair splitting:roll:
Someone had to say it. ;) There seems to be a zero tolerance policy on XDTalk about clips vs. magazines. Be grateful no one posted the full graphical tutorial.

Seriously, though, don't bother with the slide stop lever. Just slingshot the slide. That's the preferred method, because it takes less fine motor skill.

I shoot lefty, too, and a bigger problem for me is locking the slide open after I clear the pistol. Most of the time I switch hands to do it. Anybody have a good lefty method for that?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Someone had to say it. ;) There seems to be a zero tolerance policy on XDTalk about clips vs. magazines. Be grateful no one posted the full graphical tutorial.
I didnt think the over debated clip versus Mag argument was going to be an issue in here, but thanx for the heads up, ill keep it in mind

I shoot lefty, too, and a bigger problem for me is locking the slide open after I clear the pistol. Most of the time I switch hands to do it. Anybody have a good lefty method for that?
I do the same thing, I have to switch to lock the slide open.

·
Premium Member
946 Posts
I shoot left and I use my left hand thumb. When I am speed shooting I hit the magazine release with my left thumb and when I am putting a new magazine in I am swinging my thumb over at the same time, by the time I put the magazine in i am hitting the slide release, while I am bringing the gun back up to my sight I am moving my thumb back. I have done it that way for years it is so natural for me. I do that with both my xds and the only thing different with my mark III is I use my left middle finger to release the magazine but still pull my left thumb around to release the slide after I have the new magazine in.

·
Premium Member
14,230 Posts
I didnt think the over debated clip versus Mag argument was going to be an issue in here, but thanx for the heads up, ill keep it in mind.
It's not over debated, IT'S A FACT! If you're going to use a tool, you might as well get the terminology right. Do you take your gas engine car to mechanic and tell him to fix your diesel? Using obviously wrong terminology makes you look ignorant at the least. Every newbie has to take their lumps and learn the lingo, myself included on the clip issue when I started.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's not over debated, IT'S A FACT! If you're going to use a tool, you might as well get the terminology right. Do you take your gas engine car to mechanic and tell him to fix your diesel? Using obviously wrong terminology makes you look ignorant at the least. Every newbie has to take their lumps and learn the lingo, myself included on the clip issue when I started.
uh.. yeah..... sure self appointed one...whatever puffs you up..:roll:

·
Premium Member
14,230 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Kinda like " hand me the crescent wrench"... oppose to.... "hand me the adjustable open end wrench" or "hand me the Vicegrips" oppose to "hand me the locking adjustable pliers"
Pretty sure we all use shortcuts that are commonly known and used day to day.. are we sure we are "gassing up" when fueling up is proper because of the ethanol mixture? you driving a truck?.. or a pickup?.. you sure the proper term is "sun" glasses when they are actually shades? you tying your shoes?.. or just the laces? is "freeway" the proper word or roadway?.... lets all link up, youtube, direct and redirect so we can insist on formalities, okay.. Ill play your game...but keep in mind, he who judges who sounds foolish and who doesnt, is prone to sound the most foolish, and as one "judge" so eloquently pointed out.. its not bullets its ammunition... you sure its ammunition and not cartridges?.. because ammunition comes in forms other then a single projectile or should we not hold his feet to the fire?.

·
Registered
133 Posts

I find it humorous that anyone actually cares.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts