Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked up a new-to-me Colt Series 80 Mark IV Government model that came with factory rubber grips (with Colt medallion), in black finish (really nice shape).

I think it would look much nicer with the Colt original equipment rosewood or walnut grips, and I've been to the Colt Arms website but they don't seem to offer these grips for this particular (Series 80) pistol.

Any one have any recommendation(s) where I might be able to get Colt OE (with Colt medallion) wood grips?

TIA :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
7,895 Posts

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Ajax Grips in Ft Worth and CDNN have always sold 1911 checkered wood grips with the Colt medallions. Not expensive, either...I think the pair I got from CDNN ran me about 30 bucks. They're cocobolo, too and look good on my Combat Commander.

Check CDNN and Ajax.

(I agree...Colt 1911s look better with these grips!)

1911 Fullsize Government Grips w/Medallion Brand New

- Brickboy240

·
Premium Member
30,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks gentlemen.

I decided to go with CDNN as the vendor, since I also added a few Chip McCormick magazines and a set of new grip screws as well. CDNN's S&H is kind of high, but since I live in the People's Republic of Illinois C(r)ook County and local sales tax would be 10%... didn't do too bad. :-D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts