Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and most likely just over looked it, but does dry firing hurt the XD? I'm guessing not since it has to be dry fired to field strip it, but just wanted to see if anyone knows what Springfield has to say about it.

Thanks for putting up with the newb..

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, well sounds like a snap cap will be in order. Sounds like xd-hs2000.com has the roll pins in stock if need be, correct?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
If you decide to use Snap Caps, once you have loaded one in the chamber and pulled the trigger, you only need to retract the slide about 3/8" to cock it again. Unless you just want to expend the energy you don't need to load the mag with Snap Caps and fully cycle the slide everytime.

For the moment, Springfield is not selling any parts to individuals for any of their guns (it involves lawyers, need I say more), but Ajames here on the forum has a good supply of roll pins.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TomSwift said:
If you decide to use Snap Caps, once you have loaded one in the chamber and pulled the trigger, you only need to retract the slide about 3/8" to cock it again. Unless you just want to expend the energy you don't need to load the mag with Snap Caps and fully cycle the slide everytime.

For the moment, Springfield is not selling any parts to individuals for any of their guns (it involves lawyers, need I say more), but Ajames here on the forum has a good supply of roll pins.
Yeah, I've figured that's all I'd have to do is recock the striker. From what I read, I figured that if anyone had spare roll pins, it'd be Ajames.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts