Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Life has not been enjoyable for ScottyT for the last couple of months. I am dealing with a divorce and trying to get used to the idea of being on my own again.

Yesterday I was finally able to get some much needed R&R when a couple of friends took me out to the desert to go shooting.

After some fun with various handguns and rifles, we took out the scatter guns and a case and a half of clays.

80+ rounds of 12 gauge later (and probably 65-70 vaporized clays) my shoulder decided it was time to call it a day. As the last clay flew I followed it for longer than I normally would, I smiled as a feeling of peace came over me -- bang -- and a hundred little bits of orange fell to the desert floor. It has been a long time since I was able to let go and be happy like that, it definitely gave me hope for the future.

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
Sounds like a good day! Hitting the clays with the shotgun can definitely cause some soreness. We have a match once a year that is 125+ rounds. Always a good time!

Sorry to hear about the divorce. Keep your head up, and take it day by day!

·
Registered
530 Posts
thats what this past time is all about!! putting a smile on your face!! Sorry about your divorce. Keep your head up man.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Tell the truth...you saw the face of the other half of the divorce...LOL

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Sounds like a really good day... I need a day like that, w/o the big D thing..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts