Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took out my AR yesterday for the first time in a year, been mostly into pistols. For some strange reason after zeroing in my 1-4x hi lux scope I was happy with the grouping, but I wanted more.... plus my friend might buy my AR next year. So Since I really dont hunt and I rarely shoot rifle, I'm thinking I want a good .308 bolt rifle.

Should I just go straight to the tried and true Rem 700 or are their other choices? I was kinda suprised at the price of todays bolt rifle, did not think they would be under $700. Oh yeah...glass recommendations would be nice too.

P.S. I felt cocky and tried to zero in the AR scope at 100yds....lol....then I humbled myself and went to the 50yd line. Was really unprepared, didn't even have a spotting scope to check for the shots. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
892 Posts
The Rem 700 is always a good choice. I love my 700 in 270, but, I also have a X bolt in 7mm WSM that I like a lot too. Maybe head to a gun shop and see what you like best.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I did it.... put a Rem 700 tactical in .308 on layaway.....now for some scope and scope base/rings choices

1 - 3 of 3 Posts