Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, I'm looking to purchase a new XDm 3.8" 9mm compact for CC and competitive shooting. I already have some customization in mind, such as the Pearce magazine extension for the 13 round mags and the Crimson Trace LG-448 Laser Guard for CC.

However, I would also like to get some quality night sights as well, but I've read about people having issues seeing the factory night sights in light (I know, line up the frame, not the dots) but I've read on the forum here about night sights that also offer superior visibility and target acquisition in daylight as well. These would be great for my competitive shoots and CC purposes so I'm hoping someone could point me in the way to getting some of these sights and answer one further question.

If I buy sights from an independent party can I install them myself or should I take them to a gunsmith for installation (or send them to SA), and if I can install them myself what tools would I need to get the job done properly?

·
Premium Member
21,328 Posts
well hello there ,

·
Premium Member
127,144 Posts
Welcome to the forum from northwest Ohio. NW Ohio CCW

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome from Texas!
Check out xd-hs2000
or you can e-mail him at [email protected]
he is an xd talk member/ supporter
he is a great guy he took the time to give me some info after 1am the other night, he also does free installs when you make a purchase if you are willing to send him your slide.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Welcome from south eastern Ohio

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Welcome from Texas!
Check out xd-hs2000
or you can e-mail him at [email protected]
he is an xd talk member/ supporter
he is a great guy he took the time to give me some info after 1am the other night, he also does free installs when you make a purchase if you are willing to send him your slide.
^^ This! Another Texan welcomes you! :D

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Welcome from Wisconsin.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts