Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second outing with our 12 y/o. he seems to be catching on pretty quick. His choice is the Glock 17 until we get our 34. I told him not to worry about speed, that can come later, but to focus on the front sight and work on accuracy, getting some runs down without any misses. We are practicing for a Glock GSSF shoot in Sept. The distance is 11 yards.

Welcome any advise and comments.

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Nice shooting.

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Nice ... thanks for sharing the video

·
Registered
831 Posts
nice! i wish i had experience like that growing up~~~

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice! i wish i had experience like that growing up~~~
Yeah I enjoy teaching and watching him shoot more than shooting myself. Heck sometimes the little guy out shoots me. I shot as a kid, but only 22s and an old shotgun, nothing like what we do together. I figure you can't start 'em to early !!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have a son who will turn 6 on Sun. After watching your videos and reading your posts It will be very hard to wait until he is ready. But until that time comes I can still enjoy him out fishing me every summer.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Glad to see he takes interest and hopefully has fun

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Thats awesome!! Hope he keeps it up.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats awesome!! Hope he keeps it up.
Thanks, we both enjoy your YouTube posts, and your helmet cam views. Awesome work.

Any advise for beginners? Here are a few other clips for the other evening.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Thanks, we both enjoy your YouTube posts, and your helmet cam views. Awesome work.

Any advise for beginners? Here are a few other clips for the other evening.
Thanks. As for advice. You could help him on his grip and stance to better help with recoil. Here is a great video

Keep him on those plates. Accuracy is really important. Speed will come in time.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
FTW!!!! Great job dad!!!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
He is doing very well for shooting iron sights!!! You might check on some local clubs Steel Challenge matches. I'm sure he would enjoy it. Some clubs have youth divisions and or rimfire.

Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Awesome shooting! I bet he gets a kick out of out-shooting guys 2-3 times his age! If you've not checked out Brian Enos's forum, give it a look, a lot of great information there.

Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Have fun!!

·
Registered
322 Posts
I hate to coach via video clip and from what I saw the kid's doing pretty well anyway. Just keep it fun for him and stock up on the ammo!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts