Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I have went on a search for a replacement for my 1911 that I traded yesterday. I went looking for another Springfield XD45 to replace the one I traded for my first 1911 for. That XD was the first gun I had ever bought myself and I had been wishing that I had never got rid of it. So I went to a couple of shops and nothing was in the price range that I was wanting to spend so I went to Shooter's Depot that I had originally traded the XD at for the first 1911. I go in and go to the counter where they keep the 45s. The older gentleman there was asking me what I was looking for and I said I was looking to replace the XD that I regrettably traded to them a year ago. So the guy opens up the case and I said let me see the used one in the back corner. He pulls it out and hands it to me and in two seconds I go, "HOLY CRAP!" He goes, "What?" I said, "This is my gun." He replies with, "How do you know?" I said, "Because I filled in the engravings with this steel blue color." Now at this time all the other workers there are coming over and looking thinking I am probably making up this story as the odds are pretty crazy that my gun sat there for over a year. The owner goes, "What is the number on the ticket?" The gentleman I was talking to tells him the number in which case the owner replies, "That is a low number as we are in the three thousands now." He goes into the back and pulls out the book of there transactions and looks up the number and goes........."Yup, that's his gun." I lay the gun on the gun on the counter and say, "Sold."

I guess there really is a thing called fate and I am happier than a fat chick at a biker bar.

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Is that luck or what?

·
Registered
14,586 Posts
Ummm.... ummm...
So what did you sell it for vs what you had to buy it back for? lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ummm.... ummm...
So what did you sell it for vs what you had to buy it back for? lol
Traded it for a Springer GI 1911 and I bought it back for 440 OTD

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
I wasn't so lucky, I sold an 8mm Mauser with all matching searial numbers and then decided I should have kept it. No luck, it was gone forever.:-?

·
Premium Member
30,891 Posts
Traded it for a Springer GI 1911 and I bought it back for 440 OTD
So you essentially got a Springer GI and an XD45 for your original XD45 purchase price + $440! Was that a good deal?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So you essentially got a Springer GI and an XD45 for your original XD45 purchase price + $440! Was that a good deal?
Its been a long road since that original trade. I went from the XD to GI. GI plus cash to TRP Operator. TRP to AR and FAL. AR and FAL for a Wilson Combat CQB. The CQB to a MSAR and Yankee Hill suppressor so I needed a handgun and was lucky enough to purchase my original XD.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
That's a great story and happy you got your "friend" back. Ideally, you could have told him after you got him down a little. But I would have probably done the same thing also and hind sights what it is anyway . . .

·
Premium Member
127,714 Posts
Great story!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's a great story and happy you got your "friend" back. Ideally, you could have told him after you got him down a little. But I would have probably done the same thing also and hind sights what it is anyway . . .
It caught me by surprise otherwise I would have.

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Wow! Almost unbelieveable hu?? What a find and a second chance.

And.....fat chicks need love too! LOL :mrgreen:

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Great story! Glad to hear you got your gun back.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I'll bet you won't let her go again, lol.

·
Registered
42 Posts
thats crazy, nuts.

been trying to do that with my first truck for years, you have no idea how lucky you are. lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts