Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after looking around for quite some time, I can across someone who could get me the firearm I was looking for (XDm-40 Compact). Initially, he was going to get me the bi-tone, but his distributor didn't list it for some reason. So I decided on the all-black model, especially at the price he was offering it to me. Right before ordering, his distributor told him they had it, so he contacted me and I said fine - order it. A few short days later, I received an email from him with the invoice price - but the firearm that was listed was the XDm-40 4.5 bi-tone, not the compact that I wanted. He had already accepted it, so to send it back, they were going to charge him a re-stocking fee. No big deal to him though - he said he could come up with a buyer.

So I order through Bud's guns for a decent price ($608, free shipping), and while it's on it's way to my FFL, I struck up a conversation with him about the 4.5" he had just got in. I had a 4.5" Green / Black with TFO's, so we worked out a pretty good deal that we were both agreeable to, as he had a potential buyer already lined up for my particular firearm.

So, because of a distributor mistake, I now have 3 XDm's, all dressed out in black / stainless. Life is good. :cool:

All the best,
Glenn

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
"Life is good" --> Obviously ^ hasn't mentioned this to the Mrs....

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mistakes involving me are never that good! Nice score!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Life is good" --> Obviously ^ hasn't mentioned this to the Mrs....
:D. She just spent a small fortune on her hobby (fencing), so she didn't say a word to me about the two pistols when I walked in last night. However, that being said, I wasn't pushing my luck either! Passed right by her and stuffed them both into the gun safe before she started asking questions. :cool:
All the best,
Glenn

·
Registered
65 Posts
I wish I had money to waste on 'mistake' firearms. Good snag.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
The key is getting to a place where you can bring home a new gun and your wife does not notice because it gets lost in the mix.. Sadly I am not there yet. :cry:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts