Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
AMZ,

Like you, I own many handguns, but the XD is the one I carry daily, only mine is a 357 Sig Service. I also own two 9mm XD Sub Compacts and my wife has a 9mm XD SC that she carries everyday.

When I want to carry something a little smaller, it's my XD SC, but when I'm walking the dogs in bear country behind the house, it's my full size Witness 10mm that goes with me, or my S&W Model 57, .41 Magnum.

Fred

·
Registered
102 Posts
Bonzer,

I don't know that I qualify as a pro, but I was paid to carry a handgun everyday for 26 years, and after I retired, I carry one everyday now for two reasons. One is that I'm allowed to, and the other is because of some of the people I dealt with in the first 26 years, who still hold a grudge, providing they're out of prison by now, or still alive.

I carry any handgun on my person with a round in the chamber. That applies to everything from a small .22 auto, through revolvers and up to a 1911 in either .45 or .400 Cor-Bon. I usually carry my 357 Sig XD these days, and it always has a round in the chamber. When I was in the Marine Corps, many, many years ago, I had a sergeant who's favorite saying was the only thing more worthless than an empty canteen, was an empty weapon. I've always believed he was correct and nothing that has occured in the intervening years has proved him wrong.

Hope this helps.

Fred

1 - 2 of 2 Posts