Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cant remember if it’s both Snap and Bunk or one or the other. Anywho I picked up an LMT Ambi lower and it’s got their 2 stage combat trigger in it. Just looking for some first hand impressions of the trigger. I don’t have any experience with it and I remember the horrors of having to swap out the KAC 2 stage triggers when they failed at 4K rounds.

I know LMT made some changes to the original design like going back to a full power hammer spring. I won’t use anything aftermarket that doesn’t use a full power hammer spring so I’m just wondering what you guys think of it.

I’ve got a Geissele 2 stage cause he’s pretty much the only guy using full power springs and while I like the LMT so far I’m wondering if anyone with first hand use has seen any degradation in the first stage as it’s been worn in.

Thanks fellas

·
Registered
18,869 Posts
I’ve got an LMT 308, @willieH has an LMT 5.56. I’d say their trigger is excellent, couldn’t be cleaner and smoother with a total break of around 4 lbs. as far as breaking in or what happens after time I’ve only put maybe 600-800 rounds total through the gun being it’s 308 and the costs of the ammo and the trigger seems to be to be the same as when new.

The only thing I’d do to the gun is get a 20” 6.5 Creedmore barrel one day. LMT makes a hell of a product.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I replaced the LMT stock trigger with an ELF 3-Gun. Pull weight is adjustable, utilizes full power hammer spring and is absolutely drop safe. Both the trigger pull and reset are very short and the drop-in housing contain sealed bearing for smooth operation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts