Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess it's all about tolerances. Some of my mags drop free from my XD40 and some don't. Also, loaded with 12 rounds (full capacity), the mags won't drop at all without a lot of pushing and pulling. Normal?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Full mags are harder to release. Yes it's normal.

However, all of my mags drop free once they're released.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Naken Man, do you think the oversized mag release would maka any difference? I find the standard release button kind of wimpy for starters.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I don't, no. But I have no problem dropping mags, as the button is an easy reach for me.

I can't imagine it would give you significantly more leverage to drop those full mags without pushing up on the bottom either. Of course, I never really understood why someone would be dropping a full magazine...

It certainly wouldn't help with the problem of your mags not dropping free.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Being a lefty may be part of the problem. Anyway, what the heck, I odered the larger mag button from Pistol Gear. It's only money.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Try puttin some of that Armadillo stuff on your mags....makes em slicker..but be careful
A fully loaded mag is easy to drop if your not careful when they fly out

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Don't sweat it.. it's the mag springs. You just need to fill them full of bullets and let them sit for a while.. or shoot them, then fill them, and let them sit for a while. I have broken in two 10 rd. mags, and three 15 rd. mags.. and found that every one of them hung up when full for a while.. after a time though, the springs wear a little and it's little or no trouble.

Raymond

1 - 7 of 7 Posts