Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have decided that with the clip draw, my XD service model is more than comfortable for conceal carry IWB. The thing is, I would like osmething to cover the trigger gaurd and also keep the gun from being in constant contact with my skin. What is out there sub $30 that will not add a lot of thickness to my XD that will let me carry IWB. Its important that it not add much to the thickness of the XD because of how I dress and my lifestyle. Thank you!

EDIT:
Just a small FYI. When I wear my XD with the clip-draw, it rides pretty low on my wasteband. Just slightly lower than this:

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Have you tried invisible holster????

I think the web site is invisibleholster.com

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks cool, but a tad out of my price range. booooooooo

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Fist's entry level clip draw is outstanding. You can get it w/ forward or regular cant. Its a little bit over your price range, about $34 plus shipping. Leather is a bit thick but it also comes in kydex, which is substantially thinner. I will say that the leather isn't all that bad. All the size 32 pants that I bought before I started carrying will still fit me. I just had to get a new belt.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anybody got a pic of that FIST holster in use with a Service Model XD?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Im very pleased with my uncle mikes nylon sidekick. it is a size 15 and it conceals very well. at only 12 bucks you cant go wrong. some people said that you can not reholster it one handed but i have been able to with a little practice.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
03RangerXLT said:
anybody got a pic of that FIST holster in use with a Service Model XD?
I have that holster, but no pictures of it. You don't want to see my gut/underwear like on another thread that will go unnamed. It's a Model 1. I have 2 holsters from FIST, and wouldn't hesitate to buy or recommend them to anyone.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
nickc50310 said:
Im very pleased with my uncle mikes nylon sidekick. it is a size 15 and it conceals very well. at only 12 bucks you cant go wrong. some people said that you can not reholster it one handed but i have been able to with a little practice.
I bought this same holster to see if I wanted to carry IWB. It works. I have to say, though, that the FIST model is far superior. It holds the gun better, reholstering is better, it's more comfortable, more concealable, and better in every way.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I was at the gun shop helping a friend pick out his first gun (he went with a BERSA .380 by the way) and I asked what they had for good IWB carry and the guy grabbed a size 15 Sidekick off the rack. I decided I would give it a try. Overall, I like it. I think I am going to get a friend of mine to strengthen the stiching that holds teh belt loop part on, but other than that, I like how it is thin, and soft. My friend talked teh guy into throwing one in for free with the Bersa and I have to say, it hides that thing well in my wasteband. I might have to pick that combo up for myself! (or maybe a kel-tec :twisted: )

Thanks guys for your help!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Try a quality IWB holster once and you will never scimp on a holster again. My SC40 is in a Highnoon Closing Argument and is very concelable and comfy yet fast to draw. Milt Sparks or others are options but I prefere Highnoon, YMMV.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.