Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After about 400 rounds, the trigger pin on my XDS started walking. I figured I could send it to the shop, but lately I got to drinking the kool-aid sold on the internets about the Glock 43, so I sold the XDS and purchased the 43. After about 100 rounds at the range with my new 43, I knew I f'd up. I don't think I could hit the broad side of barn at 15 ft with that 43, and I was nailing decent groups at 25 ft with my XDS. And, my thumb wanted to ride that slide release which prevented locking back on the last round. Now, I'm thinking I could spend a lot of money on ammo and train on that 43 and get good enough to put a few in the circle, or sell it and get the mod 2. I'm leaning toward the mod 2.

Also, I'm not crazy about the trigger break on the 43. I can't get used to it. It's like a jack-in-the-box surprise every time I fire. I like the slight give on the xds trigger just before the break - much easier to build a rhythm on subsequent shots.

·
Registered
961 Posts
i don't know jack **** about either the Glock or the XDS, but I can tell you I have a Mod 2 Service model .45 and it is a tack driver straight out of the box. Pretty much immediately I was shooting 2" groups at 20 yards.

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
I'm not a Glock guy (ask anyone here - I've been around long enough; and then there's this, too, as further proof: https://www.xdtalk.com/posts/5064945/).....

But I'll be damned if I can't shoot my buddy's little 43. I love that little gun. It's maybe my favorite single-stack sub-compact, and honestly, if I didn't already have a Kahr PM9, I'd be all over that little thing.

I really think that as handguns get smaller, that gun-to-shooter fit becomes more and more important. Back when I was shopping single-stackers in 2011, I spent a day and about 1K rounds playing with the PM9, a KelTec PF9 (and eventually also the LC9). While the PF9 was less-than-pleasant, I just found the PM9 to be "work."

I can shoot the 43 all day. I wouldn't mind.

There's a lot of personal-preference differences that puts each of us as unique shooters/individuals at different place on the learning curve as we grip and shoot that gun for the first time. Sure, sights-and-trigger will always get us there, but how much adjustment we need to make to get "there" - as well as to hold on to it - really manifests pretty fast, when we have a new weapon in our hands.

That said, I'd encourage you to give it a few more rounds, Man of Leisure. :)

And as for thumbing the slide-stop/release, there are aftermarket units which can help you overcome this issue.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Can’t say I ain’t done it. 4 weeks ago I sold mine. Started packing a jframe. Yesterday I bought another XDS. Lesson learned.

·
Registered
335 Posts
It has crossed my mind, to get a replacement for my XDS 45, but I am almost sure there will be regrets. Besides, after over 7 yrs., and it never has failed, hard to top that.
SOS has the XDS mod 2 for $359.00 --tempting, but ?? I won`t say never.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'll trade you for an original grip style XD-S .45 with big dot sights. I'll even throw in a couple IWB holsters. Runs great but I haven't shot any .45 in a couple years...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts