Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And picked up this

Couldn't pass it up for 510 NIB

The xDs wasn't getting used much as my Kahr CW9 and Shield were filling that niche

45 xDs is probably right behind.....we'll see

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Saw a like new XDM 3.8 Compact 45 today. I think the xDs 45 is going to be traded towards that

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
804 Posts
The xDs wasn't getting used much as my Kahr CW9 and Shield were filling that niche

45 xDs is probably right behind.....we'll see
Dang man! The changes are flowing quickly. Given that you have a CW9 and the Shield to fill the single stack, small CC gun; I think you did quite well!

The Bi-tone will fill the full on range toy quite well. The 3.8 will be quite close to the 4.5 but will also allow CC in the cooler months to have fantastic firepower on tap. The 3.8 is the most versatile, IMO. I hope that you will post impressions on the differences between the new purchases.

Well played, sir. :cool:

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
A lotta XDS's hitting the road these days. My local trade sight is full of them in 9 and 45. What's the deal?

·
Registered
942 Posts
A lotta XDS's hitting the road these days. My local trade sight is full of them in 9 and 45. What's the deal?
whats the deal? people are fickle....they want the next new thing that crosses there mind... they are a marketers dream.... do not see myself giving up my XDs 45 soon if ever....

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dang man! The changes are flowing quickly. Given that you have a CW9 and the Shield to fill the single stack, small CC gun; I think you did quite well!

The Bi-tone will fill the full on range toy quite well. The 3.8 will be quite close to the 4.5 but will also allow CC in the cooler months to have fantastic firepower on tap. The 3.8 is the most versatile, IMO. I hope that you will post impressions on the differences between the new purchases.

Well played, sir. :cool:

I certainly will share my experiences!

There is an element of truth to what Weeds says. People are fickle......I suppose I am to a point. I bought the XDS 45 when they first came out. After a number of the light strike issues I became disenchanted with it and regulated it to the safe as I didn't have confidence in it as a carry weapon. Not having it for 3 months during the recall solidified that I didn't miss it or need it. In its absence I carried my Sig Ultra when I wanted to carry a .45

When I saw and held the XDM Compact 45 at the LGS I knew I'd found a great replacement for the XDS. It's gonna make a great cooler weather carry piece. I just have to find the right OWB holster to compliment it. For summer the CW9 and Shield fit the bill and for super comfort and concealment my Kahr CW380 is perfect :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
>>The xDs wasn't getting used much<<

Heck, if I used that rationale I could get rid of 90% of my guns! :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
>>The xDs wasn't getting used much<<

Heck, if I used that rationale I could get rid of 90% of my guns! :)
Lol don't be silly, the ones that don't get used on the range are being used to keep the shelves in the safe from floating away. :lol:

I tried to like the xdm but I didn't like the way it felt in my hand. My xds is staying with me for a long time.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I tried to like the xdm but I didn't like the way it felt in my hand. My xds is staying with me for a long time.
My first pistol was an XDm - I purchased when they first came out based on the huge media push.

At first I loved it and then grew dissatisfied - seemed too big too carry, didn't quite fit my hand, wasn't happy with the Big Dots I had installed on it, etc - so I sold it and figured I would never have another Springfield polymer pistol.

Not long ago, though, the XDs 9mm won me over for a summer carry piece and I've been so pleased with it I am considering an XDm once again. My first love these days is my CZ 75BD tuned up by Cajun Gun Works but I still have room in my heart for a polymer alternate for winter carry :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I owned a bi-tone XDm 3.8" Compact and I gotta say... if I were going to own only 1 pistol, that would be it. It fit the bill nicely for a home defense pistol, a range pistol and also a carry pistol. It wasn't the easiest pistol to carry concealed, but it was concealable enough. I ultimately wanted something a little easier to carry, so I sold the 3.8" Compact and went with the XDs for carry and purchased an XDm 4.5" for home defense and the range. No regrets... but I may get a 3.8" Compact again at some point simply because it's such a perfect do-it-all pistol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Congrats. Love my XDM. Got the PRP drop in trigger and it's great. Is my nightstand gun. Enjoy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I currently own both. I purchased my XDm 3.8/45 last year and I love it. After owning it for a few months, I purchased an XDs 45 for my wife.......:rolleyes: Ok, I bought it for me too. But, I let my wife use it at the range. Wifey doesn't have a cc permit yet, so I use it as an EDC during the spring and summer. I like both guns equally. However, as far as concealment goes, I have say the XDs is easier by far. Especially OWB. Even so, I'm not giving up my XDm 45 anytime soon! Once the wife gets her cc permit, I'll probably get her an XDs 9.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts