Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for a soft gun case for my xd 40 subcompact. I was at Bass Pro Shop and saw a couple that would fit the length and height of the gun, but when I tried to close the zipper, the gun was too thick!! Any suggestions?
Thanks

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from Texas! :D

I have 2 of these Allen Company | Locking Pistol Case - Allen Gun Cases - Gun Cases | Gun Cases | Hunting & Fishing Accessories in the 74-8 8" model. It fits my XDsc .40 with the short mag. and Pearce grip like a glove.....and fits just perfect in my glove box. Also fits my G26 with the +3 Pearce grip. Very pleased with it.
However they are kinna hard to find. Are in high demand. Just ordered another from Optics Planet, and they are on backorder for a few days.

Am gonna have XD patches professionally sewed on one, and Glock patches on the other to distinguish them from each other. A custom looking job.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the Forum from Texas! :D

I have 2 of these Allen Company | Locking Pistol Case - Allen Gun Cases - Gun Cases | Gun Cases | Hunting & Fishing Accessories in the 74-8 8" model. It fits my XDsc .40 with the short mag. and Pearce grip like a glove.....and fits just perfect in my glove box. Also fits my G26 with the +3 Pearce grip. Very pleased with it.
However they are kinna hard to find. Are in high demand. Just ordered another from Optics Planet, and they are on backorder for a few days.

Am gonna have XD patches professionally sewed on one, and Glock patches on the other to distinguish them from each other. A custom looking job.
I went by my local outdoor shop and saw the Allen 76-10. Seemed like my 40sc fit pretty well. I wish I had the 74-8 to compare it to. The 76-10 was on sale for 9.99 which seemed like a good deal to me.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I personally like the 5.11 stuff, this is awesome. I use it nearly everytime I go shooting.

Single Pistol Case | Gun Cases | 5.11 Tactical

I also have there range bag
I can't make your link work for me. I'm at work and the filter plays havoc with all sorts of things.
I'm going to assume you are referring to these:
Single Pistol Case | Gun Cases | 5.11 Tactical

If so, they are excellent. I have 4 or 5 of them, they are just about perfect for most semiautos. I lke having the ability to have the mags together with the gun. They aren't especially cheap, but they are a good product.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts