Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on getting a soft case for my AR this weekend. Who makes a good one that I can trust to protect my rifle? Hopefully my kit will get here today and I'll have an AR to put in it.

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
It all depends on what you want and how much you want to spend (and what size your AR will be when equipped with optics, how much other stuff you want to carry in the case with the rifle, etc). Are you looking for a traditional "assault" type case (black, multiple mag pockets, etc. on the outside that looks obviously like a rifle case)? Or a "discreet" case that still obviously looks like a rifle case, but has no exterior pockets/pouches that completely give it away?

I have bought a couple of the Tac-Force cases, including one of their drag bags, and I am very impressed with the quality and durability.

Their DTS (Dual Transport System) is the more traditional assualt-type case and can be had in different sizes for around $80.

The TTS (Tactical Transport System) is the more "discreet" style case and can be had for around $50 or so depending on size. I bought my last couple off of GunBroker.

TAC Force

The Leapers/UTG cases are also very nice for around the same price:

MidwayUSA - UTG Ultimate Combat Weapons Rifle 2 Gun Case 42" with 3 Detachable Side Pockets Nylon Black

If you don't want to spend as much on a case, you can always go with the Bulldog cases which are also good quality:

MidwayUSA - Bulldog Extreme Assault/Tactical Rifle Gun Case 42" with 5 Pockets Nylon Black

MidwayUSA - Bulldog Extreme Assault/Tactical Rifle Gun Case 35" with 5 Pockets Nylon Black

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've got one of these in the mail. It should be here in the next day or 2...

MOLLE-206 - MOLLE Ultimate Carbine Case 36" Black Weapons Case Outside Pockets

$45, comes in all different colors, and gets very good reviews...

I've got a UTG 46" tactical case for my 24" AR, with the (5) magazine pockets on the outside, and it's not bad either... About the same price as this one, so I figured I'd hit this one for more storage capacity in the pockets...

Mike

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had been looking at the ones from Midway but I wasn't sure of their quality. I don't want to spend a lot right now. My rifle is a 16 inch mid-length with fixed front sight and a detachable carry handle. So it doesn't have to be too big. I read the reviews on the descriptions but I trust ya'lls opinions more.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I bought a bulldog case and i am very happy with mine.

·
Registered
713 Posts

I've got one of those, and it is nicely built. It has worked very well for me for several different long guns.

I also have the 42" UTG 'Discreet' purchased from CheaperThanDirt. It is OK and serves it's purpose, but I don't like it as much as the MOLLE case; mainly because it is taller/bulkier, and the backpack straps do not detach. On the plus side, I can fit 3 long guns (one with a folding stock) in the case if I need to. This case was under $40. Padding is decent.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,303 Posts
I have a Midway brand case that works for me. I've always been pretty impressed with their brand of stuff. I think it ran me about $30. Everything has held up well so far, although I haven't really put any of the material to the test. That 5.11 tactical closeout case looks pretty sweet. I'd pick one up of the 42" were on clearance as well.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Go here:
Galati International - Shooting and Gun Accessories
The best soft cases I've ever seen. I have three, and they're extremely well made, and padded so well, they stand upright w/o sagging. Lots of pockets for gear and mags, too. I recommend the XT, or Discreet line.
+1.

I've got a Discreet Case from Galati for my AR, and they are indeed nice. Looks almost like a soft guitar case.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
If you are looking for cheap cases that will hold an AR

Cheaper Than Dirt has some Wolf cases for $9.97.

WOLF-103 - Wolf 38" Advanced Weapon Case Black Heavy Padding

I just ordered some. Should be here tomorrow. I'll tell you what I think of them then.

My Wolf cases showed up today.

At first glance I'm very impressed with them. Full length zipper, nylon strapping reinforced, 3 mag pockets, shoulder strap, fits my collapsible stock AR's (could go in a shorter case) or AK, with optics and forwards grips installed, even my Winchester 94 Trapper fits in them.

Everything seems well made, heavy duty material.

So far for $43 delivered for 3 cases I'm very happy with them.

·
Registered
223 Posts

I've got a UTG 46" tactical case for my 24" AR, with the (5) magazine pockets on the outside, and it's not bad either... About the same price as this one, so I figured I'd hit this one for more storage capacity in the pockets...

Mike
Got this case in the mail last night... It's "Teh Awesome"... weapon retention straps, carry strap, clasp-straps over the zipper, a large pocket, and (3) MOLLE pockets attached to the front of the large pocket... VERY NICE for $44.00... I wish I had gotten the longer one for my other AR instead of the $5 cheaper UTG case last time!

Mike

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
In a post on another thread...grandpatim went with a Bulldog case he got locally. Nice choice and for a good price too.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I found a Bulldog locally for 37 bucks. I decided to go with it since it was here and I really didn't want to drive 40 miles to Lubbock. Now with the gas money I saved I can get a box of .223 ammo.:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts