Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally bought a M1 variant, in this case after months of agonizing between the Squad Scout and the SOCOM 16 I went with the SOCOM. The reason is it is more compact and I don't hardly ever shoot past 200 yards and well I'll just say it, I like how loud it is. How loud is it? Well at the indoor range it stopped all activity, AK47's tucked their tails between their legs and hid, it sounded like the world was ending and if that doesn't make you happy inside then we don't have much in common.

Here is a good picture of the 10 round standard mag that is included next to a CMI 20 rounder and a 25 rounder. All functioned flawlessly and I will say while the 25 rounder wasn't a problem I think I prefer the 20 rounder.

Here she is with the new Sig 1911 TAC OP I picked up the same day and wrote up in the 1911 sub-forum:

I couldn't really judge the accuracy at 25 meters but the fun factor was off the charts!

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Those are some sexy guns you have there ZH!

I love M1As. And I have wanted one for a long time. I know what you mean by clearing an indoor range.:D

When I had my 870 shooting slugs at my local indoor range it sounded like a cannon went off and everyone leaves the lanes. Hahaha!

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
SOCOM 16 is my planned SHTF rifle, I've pretty much decided, just gotta save up for it. Nice looking Rifle

·
Registered
403 Posts
Have you guys seen Hickok45's video on the Socom 16. He absolutely loves it, which makes me want this gun that much more.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Nice looking rifle!!!

I also love the t-shirt that Hickok45 is wearing on his video above!!! LOL!!!

Good Luck And Be Safe!!!
:cool:
Yeah, he's becoming a real SA fan. We might wrest him away from Glock someday :D

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
SOCOM 16 is my planned SHTF rifle, I've pretty much decided, just gotta save up for it. Nice looking Rifle
Thanks, I think it will become my SHTF rifle as well. I know the AK gets all the love for firing dirty but this gun is great as well, as a matter of fact its recommended you don't take it apart to clean any more than after at least 500 rounds! Just swab the barrel at most!

I have an Aimpoint M2 and a the lowest mount La Rue makes, I'm going to slap those on when I get back from Afghanistan for good this winter, I left them at my dad's house in Ohio and so I couldn't use them for this shoot in VA.

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
Thanks, I think it will become my SGTF rifle as well. I know the AK gets all the love for firing dirty but this gun is great as well, as a matter of fact its recommended you don't take it apart to clean any more than after at least 500 rounds! Just swab the barrel at most!
That's pretty awesome. I love the M1 variants.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh and I know there has been a lot of talk about the front sight being wider on the SOCOMs but I couldn't find a picture any where on the internet before buying mine so here it is for those wondering, you can see tritium marker.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts