Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who all would be interested in a shooting day/get together in SoCal.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Who all would be interested in a shooting day/get together in SoCal.
Incoming fredj telling you to join their idpa matches 1st and 3rd saturday every month at prado ;)

I promise fred I'll be making it there very soon! Saturdays have been hectic the last few months but august 1st is the ladies bday and I finally got her a holster so now she will be just as excited to go try it out as I am!

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Incoming fre. telling you to join their idpa matches 1st and 3rd saturday every month at prado ;)

I promise fred I'll be making it there very soon! Saturdays have been hectic the last few months but august 1st is the ladies bday and I finally got her a holster so now she will be just as excited to go try it out as I am!
More info about this match please?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
More info about this match please?
I haven't experienced it myself, I just spectated. It is relatively cheap entry for the match. Equipment you'll need is Handgun, holster, 2 magpouches/dual mag pouch, atleast 3 magazines, and 200 rounds of ammo.

here is a video made by cerealbyter at one of the prado matches before he moved to georgia. It looks pretty awesome I just haven't had the time to experience it yet. Fredj is one of the top guys there so he'll be able to give you more info.

http://www.idpa.com/

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't experienced it myself, I just spectated. It is relatively cheap entry for the match. Equipment you'll need is Handgun, holster, 2 magpouches/dual mag pouch, atleast 3 magazines, and 200 rounds of ammo.

Prado IDPA Club Match 4/19/2014 - YouTube here is a video made by cerealbyter at one of the prado matches before he moved to georgia. It looks pretty awesome I just haven't had the time to experience it yet. Fredj is one of the top guys there so he'll be able to give you more info.

IDPA - Welcome!
Im down to try that out.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh and you'll need a cover garment
I wonder if I could use the holster that comes with my XD40. i would just need to get an ammo pouch. I just ordered extra mags for my xd40.

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
I wonder if I could use the holster that comes with my XD40. i would just need to get an ammo pouch. I just ordered extra mags for my xd40.
You can use the XD gear; holster & mag pouch, to start. You don't even need a cover garment for your first match. Bring at least 150rds, eyes & ears, gun & at least 3 mags, 4 is better. 1st & 3rd sat, 8am reg, shoot @ 9am. We run 4 squads, up to 86 shooters, 8stgs. Look for my squad, just ask the gal at the sign in which grumpy old guy is fred. Still waiting on Zen to come out & play.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts