Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you find a typo? I did. Nothing major but I think it's funny when I find typos in things that I'm pretty sure had at least one proofreader.

Re-read the directions about how to change the back strap of the xdm on page 22 of the manual. (It can be downloaded at Springfield Armory - Introducing the XD(m) Polymer Handgun ) To remove the pin you use a 3/32 pinch. At first I couldn't think what a pinch was. I finally figured out that it was supposed to be (at least I'm guessing) punch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I noticed a typo in the manual - can't remember if it was the same one or not.

Also noticed one on some of the literature that came with my XD - the letter from the CEO or whatever. Can't remember what it was talking about, but it was "maor" - I'm assuming it meant to be "major."

Oh well, they're gunmakers - not English majors.

·
Registered
85 Posts
As long as they take better care of checking over the guns they sell, then the manuals they send out, I really dont care too much. ha ha

·
Registered
447 Posts
I'm sure I would have found those errors. Spelling and grammar are one of my pet peeves. Probably because my mother was an English major in college, and minored in elementary education.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Thought this was something else, but...

In days gone by there were many reasons for a 'typo'. In fact even proof read copy--error free---could fall prey to the typesetter. The full word/term attests to this: typographical error. The typesetters, printers to use their own jargon were often members of the International Typographical Union. Said union was one of the most powerful and educated for its time. By way of reason/excuse, could you still read this if it run upside-down and backwards? Printers could!

As a semi-professional book and manual proof reader as well as a manual writer, I can say that 'typo's shouldn't occur--computers can almost compose readable text and spell checkers are just another click. Still, if you don't or refuse to use the tools...

---For my dad, a printer.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
Did you find a typo? I did. Nothing major but I think it's funny when I find typos in things that I'm pretty sure had at least one proofreader.

Re-read the directions about how to change the back strap of the xdm on page 22 of the manual. (It can be downloaded at Springfield Armory - Introducing the XD(m) Polymer Handgun ) To remove the pin you use a 3/32 pinch. At first I couldn't think what a pinch was. I finally figured out that it was supposed to be (at least I'm guessing) punch.

Oh man! I've been putting the grip between finger and thumb and squeezing in the hardest pinch imaginable and could never get that pin out. No wonder!

Stupid typo.;)

·
Premium Member
127,168 Posts
Oh man! I've been putting the grip between finger and thumb and squeezing in the hardest pinch imaginable and could never get that pin out. No wonder!

Stupid typo.;)

LMAO! :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts