Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides AK-47, and AR-15's, what does the government/Obama/Biden/Brady Bunch consider to be an "assault weapon"?

What rifles should I look into gettiing if not an AR or AK?

·
Registered
229 Posts
ar-15's are patriot rifles :p the assault weapons are select fire machine guns but the morons in washington dont know that.

·
Super Moderator
3,145 Posts
Every weapon you see in the hands of the federal agents protecting our new president is an assault weapon. We are not privileged enough to have armed security with us 24/7 but that won't stop him from trying to take away what little security we provide for ourselves.

·
Registered
7,827 Posts
Well gee anything black, heat shield, has a mag, pistol grip, semi-auto...anything that takes a bullet etc...

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
Well gee anything black, heat shield, has a mag, pistol grip, semi-auto...anything that takes a bullet etc...
+1. IIRC, their problems is with pistol grips and detachable mags. Plus anything that just looks scary. I believe mini 14's will also be on the list.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Besides AK-47, and AR-15's, what does the government/Obama/Biden/Brady Bunch consider to be an "assault weapon"?
If it is a weapon, the Brady Bunch and liberal democrats consider it to be an assault weapon. Just kidding but I am not far off. The mantra for the anti-gunners used to be "assault weapons". Then it went to "semi-automatic" weapons. Now the code word is "rapid-fire" weapons.

They will not be happy until we are completely unarmed like the British.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
+1. IIRC, their problems is with pistol grips and detachable mags. Plus anything that just looks scary.
I agree with this 100%. I seriously wouldnt be surprised if they even go after airsoft guns because they look like they could hurt someone. It probably doesnt matter much at all what it is capable of actually doing.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Even if it has a bayonet lug. Ok Crips, fix bayonets.

·
Premium Member
8,572 Posts
Every weapon you see in the hands of the federal agents protecting our new president is an assault weapon. We are not privileged enough to have armed security with us 24/7 but that won't stop him from trying to take away what little security we provide for ourselves.
You are absolutely correct.......

As seen outside Obama's residence, earlier this week....

Secret Service Counter Assault Team. Wonder if his M-4 is getting banned?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Semi automatic carbines and rifles. that are not specifically designed for hunting purposes, and some that are.

Sounds good to me... as far as I know, the AK-47 and M16 (AR15) were specifically designed for hunting... granted, the game that is hunted with them shoots back.

As far as what is an "assault weapon"? I'm surprised nobody has said anything that has "a shoulder thing that goes up" (i.e. barrel shroud)

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
to me an assault weapon is nothing more than a political term and has no technical definition. US army's definition of Assault rifle IIRC "Assault rifles are short, compact, selective-fire weapons that fire a cartridge intermediate in power between submachinegun and rifle cartridges."

·
Registered
27 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts