Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Just to let you know if you're going to get into practical shooting you may not be able to use a ported model in some matches (IDPA?) and in USPSA matches ported models are only allowed in the Open division that uses optics along with mags holding 25+ rounds. I think there are some folks trying to build open XD's but even with all available mods they can't hold the same number of rounds that the 1911's can hold (and still be legal).

For the most XD's are seen in the Productin and Limited-10 divisions in USPSA where the max number of rounds is 10 in your mags after the start buzzer. Please don't think I am trying to sway your decision; you should buy what you want. It's just if you want to shoot practical matches a ported model will limit what you can do.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I bought one that was used but looked new. I then bought a standard 40 barrel. I see it as the best of both worlds. I usualy leave the ported barrel out but use it occasionally.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I shoot IDPA so ported is not for me. Besides, the recoil is not that much to justify the need of porting the barrel.

My 0.02

vega

·
Registered
137 Posts
I love my ported model! Less recoil and a cool twin flame job each time you shoot. I don't like how the front sight will get dirty after 100 or so rounds, but my gun is cleaned after each time I visit the range so it's not that big of a deal.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts

Great recreational piece, takes a few more minutes to clean the ports, front sight turns gray after a few mags have been shot.
Flames? I like em! :twisted:

Coolness factor?..........high

My final answer: Tactical

1 - 9 of 9 Posts