Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a steal on an XD45 Service model recently and it's really growing on me. It fits me better than most anything else I've tried over the years. While in the same shop I found it in, I noticed they have an used XD45 Tactical as well. Like said before, until now I've been out of the XD game for a while so I'm a little behind on current used pricing. They have the Tactical priced at $380, and being retired military, I get to knock 5% of that. I'm not sure what all comes with it, but I'll be in there tomorrow so I can take a closer look.
Does that price fall in the realm of reality? I assume it uses the same mags as the service model, so if there aren't a reasonable number with it, I have a line on a bunch at another store. I had the owner set 6 13 round mags aside, but there are several 10 rounders as well, so I would have plenty for two guns, all at $20 each.

Anything special I should know or need to do if I bring this home or is it a clean it and shoot it thing?

· Registered
2,490 Posts
Most of the newer Tac’s are 10 round because they sell them in Cali. If the mags are the same length the tens should work. They usually have a large black area above the baseplate. I think when I bought my 45 service way back when, it was $385 so if that one is in good shape that’s not too bad considering what things are going for now.

· Registered
2,490 Posts
I picked up a steal on an XD45 Service model recently and it's really growing on me. It fits me better than most anything else I've tried over the years. While in the same shop I found it in, I noticed they have an used XD45 Tactical as well. Like said before, until now I've been out of the XD game for a while so I'm a little behind on current used pricing. They have the Tactical priced at $380, and being retired military, I get to knock 5% of that. I'm not sure what all comes with it, but I'll be in there tomorrow so I can take a closer look.
Does that price fall in the realm of reality? I assume it uses the same mags as the service model, so if there aren't a reasonable number with it, I have a line on a bunch at another store. I had the owner set 6 13 round mags aside, but there are several 10 rounders as well, so I would have plenty for two guns, all at $20 each.

Anything special I should know or need to do if I bring this home or is it a clean it and shoot it thing?
I forgot to add a couple of things to check. Pull the slide and bbl out. On the bbl feed ramp check the lower sides for chipping.
Finger Cosmetics Gas Auto part Nickel

It should look like this one.
Then in the frame check the recoil block for the relief cuts on both sides. If it has them then it’s either newer or has been updated. If not you can haggle a bit and I think SA will replace it for you.
Wood Font Automotive tire Technology Rim

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reminder. I read a bunch about that in another thread when trying to relearn the XD platform. My service model has a clean ramp and the relief cuts as well. I'll look it over tomorrow and check that.

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been looking at putting the Powder River Easy fit trigger kit in my Service model. If I can get this Tactical home I'll probably do the same to it.

· Registered
2,490 Posts
I've been looking at putting the Powder River Easy fit trigger kit in my Service model. If I can get this Tactical home I'll probably do the same to it.
I’ve put them in all of mine. Lightens pull and shortens the reset. I think now you can also get the flat trigger for the std XD’s if you want. I actually think my XD service has a better trigger than the newer XDM’s.

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, good info. I'll have to call PRP tomorrow, a flat trigger would be ideal as I really prefer them. I have questions for them anyway, so I'll just double down.

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I struck out twice in one day. Went to the one shop with the Tactical, sure enough, someone bought it before I got there this morning. Rushed over to the other shop where I was looking at an XDs 45. It was gone too. They had a 9mm, but I'm not ready to replace my Glock 26 just yet. And the search continues. :D

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When one door closes, another opens. Walked into a LGS and right there in the used case was an immaculate Tactical although not a .45. It was a XDM Tactical 10mm for $499. I may have to think on this one as there was a Beretta 92FS with Crimson Trace grips for $599 right next to it. Since I'm set up to reload 10mm and .40, the Tactical may be well worth grabbing.

· Registered
2,490 Posts
When one door closes, another opens. Walked into a LGS and right there in the used case was an immaculate Tactical although not a .45. It was a XDM Tactical 10mm for $499. I may have to think on this one as there was a Beretta 92FS with Crimson Trace grips for $599 right next to it. Since I'm set up to reload 10mm and .40, the Tactical may be well worth grabbing.
Were’s this gun store? Bargainville ???

· Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Were’s this gun store? Bargainville ???
Nah, a little hole in the wall place called Idaho Falls in the free state of Idaho. ;) I may be in error though. If I understand correctly the guns referred to as Tactical are the 5" models and this was a 4.5. I'd still take it though.

· Registered
2,490 Posts
Nah, a little hole in the wall place called Idaho Falls in the free state of Idaho. ;) I may be in error though. If I understand correctly the guns referred to as Tactical are the 5" models and this was a 4.5. I'd still take it though.
Nice place to live. Yes when you said tac 10mm I had to scratch my chin. :unsure: There’s a 5.25”Competition 10mm but that 4.5 would be nice too. If you get it order a 20# spring from Wolff so you don’t have to go over to Wyoming to pick up your brass.:ROFLMAO: I wish I would’ve gotten the competition 45 model while they were still available. I find a few on line but they’re real proud of them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts