Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked to Bob about some of the things I wanted done, and sent it off yesterday to get it all taken care of. It's a 9mm Tactical, used specifically for USPSA Production shooting, and the plan is to put a Bar-Sto barrel in, low mount Bo-Mar rear sight, fiber optic front sight, and hopefully the new trigger stuff from them.

Also talked to Rich at Canyon Creek about it, but I knew I wanted a Bar-Sto barrel, and I really like the sounds of what they are doing with the new trigger.

So if you read this, Bob, take good care of it! :D Only bad news is my 1911 holster/mag holders haven't arrived yet, so I'm shooting my HK until one or the other arrives.

Scott

·
Registered
70 Posts
I too have gotten an XD-9 tactical, have begun using it in USPSA (one match so far) and am thinking about having some upgrades done. I have Canyon Creek in mind (didn't think of Bar-Sto).

I'm thinking of a trigger job, extended mag release, tungsten guide rod and a Dawson fiber optic sight set with the adjustable fiberoptic rear. I like the Bomar rear but I beleive I have trouble seeing an all black rear sight (I need bifocals now :roll: ) so I'd like to try the fiber optic rear dots. And I think I'll get a paint job (GunKote).

I haven't heard about the Bar-Sto trigger. What are the advantages?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I am sure Bob or Rich can speak to the details much better than I can, as far as the trigger goes.

Main reason I sent mine to Bar-Sto is I've also noticed how soft the metal is on the sear, and I'm very curious to see how the new Bar-Sto part works out. That and I wanted a Bar-Sto barrel anyway, so may as well let those guys do it all at once.

I have something...different...in mind for finishing. Should be interesting to see how that part works out once Bar-Sto is done.

Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts