Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've wanted a 1911 now, but I don't have a grand to just cough up on a pistol....I think I'm going with a Rock Island. And when I get the money, I'm turning this:

Into This: :twisted:

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Nice looking 1911. I would like one too please. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
That looks nice, but I don't think I would like the high-gloss finish. The RIA are great shooters though!

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah it is a Bob Miller custom from off of his website. The thing that attracted me of the RIA is the cheap base for a custom gun. I plan on replacing all the small parts anyways, so I'm hoping this works out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Instead of spending the money on a lesser pistol, why not spend it on a good receiver and slide from say essex arms then buy all the other parts as budget allows.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I must admit, I like how you think.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Instead of spending the money on a lesser pistol, why not spend it on a good receiver and slide from say essex arms then buy all the other parts as budget allows.
nothing wrong with that but I'd counter with because in the meantime he would have a fully functional 1911 GI to shoot and that is ussually better than having some parts laying around until you have the money to put it together. :D

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats where i stand on the issue as well. I don't really have the cash right now to full mod it, so i figured id have the stock RIA to shoot until i got the money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts