Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought that Springfield had really hit a home run with this gun. I'm not one of the 'grip zone' bashers, I could care less about that stuff and the gun fits my hand really good. I've bought extra mags for it, and I plan on carrying it for a very long time. But, it's becoming clear that Springfield has all but abandoned the model, and I think that's a crying shame. They seem to be all wrapped up in the Hellcat and other 9mm smaller carry guns that are competing with the Sig 365 and the S&W Shield. I'm not sure why a company would lose focus on the market that was working for them but I hope they realize soon that they need to be the brand that markets all sizes and kinds of guns.

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
The big thing is you like yours. A good many like the XD (Especially the Mod 2) over the XDM, but the XDM's grip was redone for better ergonomics over the original XD, so there is that. The XDM non Elite in 9 MM holds three more rounds and in current times, capacity is king, the Elite short barrels come wit a 20 round magazine, so one more than the older standard of 19, and four more than any XD Mod whatever. The 5.25 Elite's got 22 round magazines (Three of them) for even more capacity (I bought some for my older XDM, they work great.)

I decry the loss of the 40 and 45 models

·
Registered
50 Posts
Another XDS Mod2 fan here too…..I grabbed the Gen 1 XDS 9mm with the Waffle Grips early on…Talon Grips quickly fixed that one…..next gun was the XDS Mod2 in .45. I love this gun and everything about it. It fits perfect in my hand …..now thinking of grabbing the Mod2 in 9mm while new can still be had some places…..my local FFL has one for $499…….cheaper than used ones on the internet….No disrespect to the Hellcat as everything I have read seems to be amazing but SA does seem to be caught up in all that Hellcat rage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I thought that Springfield had really hit a home run with this gun. I'm not one of the 'grip zone' bashers, I could care less about that stuff and the gun fits my hand really good. I've bought extra mags for it, and I plan on carrying it for a very long time. But, it's becoming clear that Springfield has all but abandoned the model, and I think that's a crying shame. They seem to be all wrapped up in the Hellcat and other 9mm smaller carry guns that are competing with the Sig 365 and the S&W Shield. I'm not sure why a company would lose focus on the market that was working for them but I hope they realize soon that they need to be the brand that markets all sizes and kinds of guns.
Another XDS Mod2 fan here too…..I grabbed the Gen 1 XDS 9mm with the Waffle Grips early on…Talon Grips quickly fixed that one…..next gun was the XDS Mod2 in .45. I love this gun and everything about it. It fits perfect in my hand …..now thinking of grabbing the Mod2 in 9mm while new can still be had some places…..my local FFL has one for $499…….cheaper than used ones on the internet….No disrespect to the Hellcat as everything I have read seems to be amazing but SA does seem to be caught up in all that Hellcat rage. I would’ve loved to see a 4” XDS Mod2 be released.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I've had a XD-S Mod 2 with the red dot ordered through my local dealer for seven months! Still waiting.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Back to the OP's topic the Mod 2, my son has one and was offered $100. for it on trade due to being discontinued.I own the forerunner of the Mod2 but carry most my XDE 9mm.The XD9 sc goes with me for it's capacity to church for security team.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the XD40 Mod.2 Sub-Compact 3" Flat Dark Earth and the XD40 Mod.2 Full Size 4" Black. Both are great they are staying with me. I handload my ammo. I've shot some factory loads through them also. They are both great. Got them both off of Gun Broker for good prices. It's a shame all the emphasis on the 9mm. Nothing wrong with the 9. I have both. I'll take the .40 S&W Auto over the 9mm any day of the week. I also have the XDM in 10mm.

Reactions: Pandaz3

·
Registered
60 Posts
I don't think the Hellcat has replaced the Mod2, rather the XDM line has been greatly expanded. I have a Mod2 in 9, a XDS Mod2 in 9 and XDM 5.25 in 45. They all have a place. The XDS is far more comfortable to carry due to the single stack. The Mod2 is far more accurate (due to the double stack fitting my hand better) but had an inferior trigger. The XDM is the best shooter and trigger but way too big to carry concealed comfortably. I like the grip safety too much to try a Hellcat.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I don't think the Hellcat has replaced the Mod2, rather the XDM line has been greatly expanded. I have a Mod2 in 9, a XDS Mod2 in 9 and XDM 5.25 in 45. They all have a place. The XDS is far more comfortable to carry due to the single stack. The Mod2 is far more accurate (due to the double stack fitting my hand better) but had an inferior trigger. The XDM is the best shooter and trigger but way too big to carry concealed comfortably. I like the grip safety too much to try a Hellcat.
Your tigger on the Mod2 isn't good? It may need some help.My XD9 sc and my son's Mod2 is great and better than any other gun that I have. Maybe see if you can try another to compare.I'm surprised actually.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am still a HUGE fan of the XD Mod2. I like the XDs mod2 also, but the sc is my go to. Have and like the hellcat, but anytime I can pack around the sc, I do. I like the mod 2's so much I bought them in every caliber! I also have a XDM elite and think it's a great gun. Trigger may be a little better than the xd, but I personally don't like the aggressive grip. Talon to the rescue on mine!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice to see some fellow XD Mod2 owners ! I really love mine, and the trigger on mine is wonderful. I love the grip safety, I wish a lot more of my gun had that but I'll settle for it on the Springfield.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
As long as SA sells handguns in California, they will still produce the original XD line.The flush subcompact magazines that fit the regular XD9, XD40, XD45 will fit the Mod 2 subcompacts. The full sized magazines for the XD9, XD40, XD45 will also fit in the XD Mod2 subcompacts, but stick out a bit.

Only a few places seem to have the 13 round versions in stock at or above retail prices.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm glad I bought extra mags back when I bought the two of mine back in the day. I would never sell either of mine. They fit my hand real nice and are a pleasure to shoot.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts