Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But I'm sorry, this was the highlight:

I bought the XD40SC from FireintheWhole. Great deal and awesome pistol. The XD was a great shooter, I'm honestly looking at my glock wondering why I still even shoot it. The trigger feels so much better and although I know the shot's coming, I'm still "surprised" unlike the glock where I feel like I pull to the left. Didn't have that issue with the XD once. I'll put some pics of the XD up sometime in the morning. But the Cobb 50 Cal was beautiful. When I arrived at the range I felt a thump on my chest. I looked and saw that massive barrel off the table. After shooting for a little bit, I wondered over to the owner and just watched. After shooting another round, he looked over and smiled. I told him he had a beautiful rifle and I hadn't seen one in person. After talking for only a minute or so, he asked if I wanted to shoot. At first I declined, didn't want him to think I came over just to ask to shoot or something. But then he offered again, HELL YES I will, lol.

Coolest guy. Reloads his own ammo at about 0.80 a round vs a couple bucks a shot at the store.

He gave me the casing since that was the first time I've shot a 50. I'm attaching it to my Police patrol bag. Okay, enough wasting website space, sorry.

·
Premium Member
3,471 Posts
Nice 50!

·
Registered
537 Posts
wOW!

Yeah I know the feeling of just going over there "next door" to check out that hand canon; or that beautiful rifle in this case, and have the owner offer you to shoot it. I always decline politely.

But in your situation I would have done the same!!!!:mrgreen:

Not every day you get to blast away downrange with a gorgeous rifle and a powerful round like the .50 caliber.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah....I'm the same way with my pistols. There were 4 guys next to me all taking turns to shoot 1 pistol that a friend bought. I stepped back from my table with the G22, P226R, and XD40SC laying out with about 400 rounds sitting there and offered to let them shoot. They would humbly shoot a single magazine. I appreciated that, but then told them I DID NOT wat to carry a single round back to my truck, lol. Maybe my kindness led to good karma or something(if you believe in it) in the other owner allowing my to shoot.

I was giddy with a HUGE S.E.G. on my face after the shot and then he took the above pic. I've had perma-smile all day since.
Rifle may not be impressive to some, but I dig it!

·
Premium Member
2,741 Posts
Nice!!! I got to shoot a 50 last year and my funshop.Damn it was fun,I asked him what it cost for him to shoot it,he said $2 so I gave him $3 and a big ol thank you!!!

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
That is great! I would love to get behind one of those one day. Getting the casing is like icing on the cake. :)

·
Registered
178 Posts
WOW!

Congrats to you! It's always nice to meet someone like that though. They love their toys and don't mind letting us other "kids" have a few minutes with them too. Hopefully someday I'll get to try one, but I doubt it'll EVER be because I bought one :cry:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sweet, glad you like the XD! I'll miss it, but I already made good use of the money. (broke and in college FTL) Once I graduate I'll probably have to buy another XD.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
what college fire?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sweet, glad you like the XD! I'll miss it, but I already made good use of the money. (broke and in college FTL) Once I graduate I'll probably have to buy another XD.
Really enjoying it. It has a good home so don't worry. I'll send you some family photos. It really is a great shooter. I'm thinkin' of selling my Glock 22 to help fund an AR-15. Wife wants to know when I'm going to buy a 50, lol. Hopefully within a year. I've been working a good amount of side jobs so we'll see.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
ahhh i went to gannon

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
TOO COOL Chunkymonkey I'd give my left ... well no I wouldn't to shoot one of those. :mrgreen:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts