Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gen2 hipsters unite! :lol:

Care package from Brownells came in today. Needed a few things and they had a $15 off $100 coupon, and it works with my FFL discount so I splurged a bit.

- Blade-Tech dual mag carrier for small-frame Glocks
- Ghost Inc Armorer Slide Cover Plate (half-height)
- Factory Glock recoil spring assembly for the G19
- Vickers tactical mag catch
- Ghost 5.0 Tactical connector, x2
- Ghost complete spring kit, x2
- Pearce +0 mag extension for Shield 9mm 7rd magazine (not pictured, at wife's request)
- Pachmayr tactical grip glove for Shield (as above)

So, here's what I had in store for the G19:

The thing that caught my eye about the Ghost Tactical 5.0 connector was the built-in trigger overtravel stop. I've shot a few pistols with them and I can always tell the difference between a pistol that's fitted with one, and one without. Since shooting my project 1911 and my Ruger 22/45 with the Volquartsen target trigger with pre- and overtravel adjustment, I really wished my Glock had it as well. Well, that's exactly why I picked up the Ghost tactical.

Instructions tell you to first remove 1/32" from the connector to start, before even placing it into the pistol. To give you an idea of what that looks like, check out the gap between the jaws of my micrometer:

To begin with, the connector overtravel stop had a starting length of .292", so I had to trim it to .261" before starting the real fitting:

And so the fitting began, using a blue sharpie to mark the surface I was cutting to ensure I was doing so squarely:

I tell you what, the Ghost armorer's slide cover plate is worth every penny of the $3.69 I spent on it... LOL!

And finally, I got it to .235" where it started releasing the striker reliably. After that I trimmed another five thousandths for reliability's sake, then deburred and polished the overtravel stop. I bought the spring kits thinking I was going to need them to tune the G19 to a final trigger weight of 5lbs, but it turns out the connector did that on it's own. Average of 10 pulls with my digital Lyman trigger gauge:

So, big improvement, the audible/tactile reset of the trigger is still there, but that pesky overtravel ISN'T! Very nice... So, anyone that wants to be a bad-ass like me should get this connector. It's fat ninja approved! ;)

Oh yeah, and the Vickers mag catch is nice, too. :D Nicely rounded, and not obnoxiously oversized. It's just big enough to give a bit of leeway if your master grip is jacked up for some reason. I'll let everyone know if the additional size causes my mag to be ejected while carrying IWB.

·
Banned
0 Posts
This is going to be fun to get my meat hooks on. I do have the mag catch on my g21 and I am a fan.

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
Do they have anything at Brownell's to stop it from looking so much like a Glock? :grin:

·
Registered
957 Posts
Do they have anything at Brownell's to stop it from looking so much like a Glock? :grin:
They do offer a urban tactical conversion package that gets pretty good reviews.:cool:

·
Banned
20,016 Posts
I looked to see if they had the CAA Roni conversion... no dice. :lol:
Sorry. I couldn't resist. It was a Glock thread and it was started by you. Moth to a flame.

·
Registered
10,949 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Sorry. I couldn't resist. It was a Glock thread and it was started by you. Moth to a flame.
Yup we all know Jon is the biggest glock fan boy with his one glock.:p

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Yup we all know Jon is the biggest glock fan boy with his one glock.:p
:lol:

Only ONE Glock? What does he have in his other hand? :confused:

:lol:

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
They do offer a urban tactical conversion package that gets pretty good reviews.:cool:
Nice!

I thought that was an official HiPoint holster? I can see it working for Glocks as well.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
You guys are weird.

That connector is tempting. I think I'm go.na try out a 3.5 in my 20 and see it I feel the 19 needs one or go with the above mentioned 5.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
According to the guys on that "other" forum, you should never modify the trigger in a Glock!

One guy modified his trigger, and his gun ran away, robbed a liquor store, stole a kids ice cream, and knocked an old lady off her scooter :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, nice trigger pull! The trigger pull on all my Glocks are around 4.75-5# and very smooth.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Vickers mag release and slide stop are almost mandatory on 9mm Glocks.

They really help.

-brickboy240

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL, you guys crack me up. :lol:

Can't wait to test drive the G19 - dryfiring it reinforces my positive opinion of the Glock's trigger. No, it's no 1911 trigger, but only a 1911 has a trigger like that. I doubt that reliability will be impacted since I didn't fit it to run right at the ragged edge of releasing the striker, and I conducted a non-scientific test regarding some possible tolerance stacking which may be introduced when the slide is pushed down onto the frame for one reason or another. Passed all tests with aplomb. The striker doesn't release when the slide is dropped on an empty chamber, either.

The Mrs wants to hit up the range soon to work on her technique; I think the Pachmayr grip sleeve and pinky extension on the Shield should help her out a bit. Looking forward to that trip, but I'll probably take some time off work next week so I don't have to fight to get an empty bay or clear lanes without any distractions.

·
Premium Member
12,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Forgot to post that I took the G19 out to the range on Wednesday. Pistol worked flawlessly, I may need to drift my rear sight to the left a bit. Wasn't really shooting for groups, but I did work on my grip a bit. 15rds of Tula 115gr @ 7yds:

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Forgot to post that I took the G19 out to the range on Wednesday. Pistol worked flawlessly, I may need to drift my rear sight to the left a bit. Wasn't really shooting for groups, but I did work on my grip a bit. 15rds of Tula 115gr @ 7yds:

Good shootin Tex!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Glock Perfection, +/- a half dozen custom parts;)

I hide my G23 in a Uncle Mikes...because anything nicer would just be overkill for a glock. :lol:

·
Banned
0 Posts
I got to dry fire this and I have to say it's pretty awesome.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts