Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:p
check it out!

So I paid $800 Brand new out the door, came with one 30 round Mag.
I took it to the range and tried to Zero out the sight but I was hitting high left and couldn't see jack with the iron sights...

Now I'm bummed out a bit because I absolutely need some optics on it (my vision is not that good) and I have an A2 upper non removable handle... Is there a way to efficiently mount a scope on it?

I was just thinking about selling my upper and just buying a flat top with flip up iron sights and a optics.

How much you guys think I'd be able to sell my upper? (is that even cost effective? selling my upper and getting a flat top)

The barrel is 16" HBAR Chrome lined 1 in 9

And last but not least, those hideous handguards!
Could I mount M4 handbars on the Dissipator?

Bear with my newbiness to the AR World! :mrgreen:

And of course your feedback is GREATLY appreciated!

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Wow, sucks that you are thinking about parting it out already... You can mount an optic on there, you just gotta buy the carry handle mount to do so.

Another option you could do is buy another upper (flat top, carbine gas) and have both!

Make the dizzy a long range special purpose AR, and the other upper a up-close and personal AR.

That's just a thought...

Another thought is I might be selling an Aimpoint Comp ML3 (2 moa) in the next day or two, you could pick that up off of me and all you would need is this A.R.M.S., Inc and you're all set! ;)

Regardless, good luck! I think you just need to shoot the rifle more before you give up on it. Vision good or bad, not properly sighted in irons, etc. etc. could of caused you to be shooting that way, you just gotta figure it out first and then find the solution... Right now I think you just need to sight it in properly, and shoot it some more. Just my opinion...

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah perhaps I need to shoot it more and fix the iron sight issue... I was shooting the 100 yard range, so i might try to do 50 or 25 next time I go.

Also, I was thinking just that, sell my upper and buy a flat top Bushy or S&W mp.

I'd rather sell the upper rather than keeping it for longer range shots (Both barrels would be 16") so i don't see the difference there.

PM about the Aimpoint... ;)

Do you think I got a good deal on the Bushmaster? :confused:

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
yeah perhaps I need to shoot it more and fix the iron sight issue... I was shooting the 100 yard range, so i might try to do 50 or 25 next time I go.

Also, I was thinking just that, sell my upper and buy a flat top Bushy or S&W mp.

I'd rather sell the upper rather than keeping it for longer range shots (Both barrels would be 16") so i don't see the difference there.

PM about the Aimpoint... ;)

Do you think I got a good deal on the Bushmaster? :confused:
True, but if you could swing it, keep that upper and get another upper for some swip-swap options! That dizzy is a rifle gas system right? If you get a carbine gas system for the second upper then you'll have 2 different styles and some what different operations.

Set up the dizzy with a long free float handguard, bipod and a variable scope and you have yourself a reach out and touch someone AR. Then set up the M4 carbine with an aimpoint for those "I want to clear out this building because I need to get those bad guys out" situation... LOL

Your choice! But that's probably what I would do! I've learned the hard way to not resell my firearms. You'll just lose out ( $$$ ) in the end.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
True, but if you could swing it, keep that upper and get another upper for some swip-swap options! That dizzy is a rifle gas system right? If you get a carbine gas system for the second upper then you'll have 2 different styles and some what different operations.

Set up the dizzy with a long free float handguard, bipod and a variable scope and you have yourself a reach out and touch someone AR. Then set up the M4 carbine with an aimpoint for those "I want to clear out this building because I need to get those bad guys out" situation... LOL

Your choice! But that's probably what I would do! I've learned the hard way to not resell my firearms. You'll just lose out ( $$$ ) in the end.

LOL @ At the clearing the building situation!!! Awesome! :mrgreen:

Now as far as the gas system yes you are right. it is a rifle gas system.
Could you explain the functioning of the two gas systems just briefly...
The rifle vs carbine?

I kinda like your idea of keeping this one and pimping it out for long range shots...:!:

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
LOL @ At the clearing the building situation!!! Awesome! :mrgreen:

Now as far as the gas system yes you are right. it is a rifle gas system.
Could you explain the functioning of the two gas systems just briefly...
The rifle vs carbine?

I kinda like your idea of keeping this one and pimping it out for long range shots...:!:
Basically with the longer gas system, you'll have a softer recoil and less wear. So with the rifle gas being the longest (I think) gas system for the AR platform, then you should be able to get a really soft recoil out of it. Which makes it very ideal for those sniping type shots (long range).

Carbine gas, hardest felt recoil (supposedly) and more volatile gasses come back through the gas tube and back into the upper receiver. I don't know... I still think my carbine gas uppers (which are set up with CQB optics) suit me just fine... And plus when I get my tax stamp, I have the option to just get my barrels cut down... I like options! :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
:p
check it out!

And last but not least, those hideous handguards!
Could I mount M4 handbars on the Dissipator?

Bear with my newbiness to the AR World! :mrgreen:

And of course your feedback is GREATLY appreciated!

Nice rifle there. :cool:

as far as the M4 carbine length handguards on a Dissipator, it would leave exposed Gas tube. Just get a freefloat(4 rail or not) rifle length handguard for it and you'll be set. :grin:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Nice rifle there. :cool:

as far as the M4 carbine length handguards on a Dissipator, it would leave exposed Gas tube. Just get a freefloat(4 rail or not) rifle length handguard for it and you'll be set. :grin:
+1. If you don't use rifle length hand guards, your gas tube and gas block will be exposed. I recommend the Daniel Defense 12.0 Omega hand guards.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
+1. If you don't use rifle length hand guards, your gas tube and gas block will be exposed. I recommend the Daniel Defense 12.0 Omega hand guards.
JESUS!!! :eek: $300 for the handguards!?!?! :confused:

I bought this Bushy because I didn't want to spend too much money on a rifle...
I think my plan just backfired on me...:roll:

·
Registered
367 Posts
JESUS!!! :eek: $300 for the handguards!?!?! :confused:

I bought this Bushy because I didn't want to spend too much money on a rifle...
I think my plan just backfired on me...:roll:

you can find less expensive solutions to your problem, you aren't trying to build a rifle to take into combat. (I'm going to tread lightly here) you can get a YHM set for much less. you can find used handguards on ar15.com's EE for eve less.

for example, AR15.COM :: Forums :: YHM Rifle Length 2pc Handguard(Like New)

look around you can find better deals and such.

look around at the sites everyone promotes through here like:
RifleGear
AIMSurplus, your home for surplus ammunition, guns and firearms
Del-Ton, Inc. A complete line of AR-15 Rifles, AR 15 Parts and AR15 Accessories.
and such

·
Premium Member
28,482 Posts
And a dissy too. I like. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
151 Posts
"Dissy" uppers use a carbine length gas tube under the handguard. A carbine length handguard wouldn't leave the gas tube exposed, but you wouldn't have any way to secure it to the front because the retaining ring is against the front sight. A rifle length free float rail would be the way to go.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
IMO you should of spent the extra $300 and got a STAG 2T, then all you would need was a optic. I payed $1,124 out the door for mine.

·
Registered
395 Posts
"Dissy" uppers use a carbine length gas tube under the handguard. A carbine length handguard wouldn't leave the gas tube exposed, but you wouldn't have any way to secure it to the front because the retaining ring is against the front sight. A rifle length free float rail would be the way to go.

Correct. This is what I meant in my earlier post.:oops:

I was thinking of the unsightly gap between the end of the hand guards, and the FSB, if a carbine length rail were used.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts