Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted my XDm-9mm for sale, and I ended up trading for a XD .45 Tactical with the gear, 7 (13rnd) mags, and a blackhawk Serpa holster. I think I got a good trade but then yesterday I went out to the range and put a box through it and had a little problem. After the 1st 50 round I noticed that the Striker Retainer Pin had popped up and it was in the way of my sights. So I pulled it out and pryed the pin open on one end and then put it back in. I shot another 50 rounds and it didn't pop back out. Do you guys think I need to buy a new pin or is this something that S/A should take care of? BTW the gun was really accurate and love the way it shot. It surprisingly very smooth and didn't kick hard at all. Anyways, if you guys have had this happen or seen it happen, your opinion would help.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'd say buy a few anyway. It's better to be prepared and not need it than to need it and not have one. But, you should be fine with the pin you have.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Not worth sending in a pistol for a couple bucks of pins. You should have spares on hand for emergency anyway. They are metric dimension spring pins 3x16mm. Or Get the PRP roll pins for more durability.

Write SA they may send a couple for free.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I will deff look them up and order me a few. I just order a set of Dawson precision sights.

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Congrats on the new 45...:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts