·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stock needs an upgrade to a six position Tapco, but I'm happy with it

·
Registered
10,949 Posts
Nice. Been thinking of one but an AR will probably come first.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice. Been thinking of one but an AR will probably come first.
I want an AR as well. I made an offer on one at a small local gun store. Listed at $1000. I offered to hand him 8 $100 bills and he refused. So I ended up getting an SKS somewhere else.

·
Registered
17,777 Posts
no no no...keep the Monte Carlo stock

Is that the duck bill magazine or the AK mag mod type?

I guess I am a purist and just like the Monte Carlo look...you gun...tweak it out how ya want

·
Premium Member
127,996 Posts
Congratulations! I like mine just fine.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
I had an SKS and Tapco'd the hell outta it, and then sold it. I regret doing both, except that I made $100 on top of what I had into it. Do you have the original wood for it? If not then go to town.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had an SKS and Tapco'd the hell outta it, and then sold it. I regret doing both, except that I made $100 on top of what I had into it. Do you have the original wood for it? If not then go to town.
I truly wish I had the original wood. I'd return it to the way it's meant to be! It uses the duck bill style mags.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Go ahead and have fun with her! You could probably find some pull off parts for it if you wanted to restore. You know what kind it is?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know it's Chinese made. Other than that, I have no idea. Are there specific models of these things? I have found that a 30 round tapco mag does not truly mean 30 rounds. I can get 18, usually. Other than that, you have to be Hercules to keep adding rounds. Any tips from someone with more experience? I am going this weekend to sight it in, I may just end up keeping it as is. The stock is brand new already. He never fired it with this stock. I just like the look of the tapco 6 position, but mus weigh that against spending $100 on it when I already have a brand new stock. Lol

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Thought it looked Chinese, if you get a new stock make sure you get the right one cause they aren't all the same. If you have a problem zeroing ditch the scope, those mounting systems can move around. Also make sure your firing pin channel is clean and dry, run aways aren't good. Don't let these things freak you out either, SKS's are very fun.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no no no...keep the Monte Carlo stock

Is that the duck bill magazine or the AK mag mod type?

I guess I am a purist and just like the Monte Carlo look...you gun...tweak it out how ya want
Well, went out shooting tonight. The Monte Carlo stock has to go. I am left handed, m grip on the stock is way funky with the Monte Carlo style stock. If anyone has a stock they'd like to trade, let me know. This one is brand new.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok. I'm totally addicted to shooting my sks. The stock has to go though. Just way too bad of a grip for a left hander with the Monte Carlo stock. Seriously considering grinding it down until I can replace it.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=dHnuFbVs7hnWG679LRP3bw&bvm=bv.69837884,d.aWw

Lots of different stocks on this site.
I have two SKS and both are in original configuration , The cover type scope mounts must be hand filed to be tight, Then if you shot enough the
cover will loosen up and you will have to buy a new one .

The original 10 round mags work well , With some practice you can load
stripper clips pretty fast.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Get some tapco 20 round mags. They actually work right.
I have three of them. That work great! No complaints! I love shooing this rifle!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts