Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this up at my local shop where I need to stop going to! Went in intent on one and walked out with three…

1st S&W Performance Center 44mag
2nd S&W M&P 9mm
3rd Kel-Tec 10 shot 9mm (For wife for now, until she really picks what she wants)

I bought 4 on the same day last time I was there in Nov 2010… My wife says once every 6 months is STILL not long enough in between visits!

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of discount do you get when you buy in bulk like that?
For this deal I got the 44mag, which can be found at the $1,275.00 price and the M&P was listed at $569.00 and I am not sure what the Kel Tec was it is the 10 shot not the 7shot model so I had to be right around $300 give or take a few...

Then I also walked out with 1 box of 44mag ammo and 2 boxes of 9mm
All for the grand total tax and all out the door................................................................$1,875.00 even

He wrote the sales slip up as 3 guns "package" total not a price on each one...

So it was pretty good, I told him if he got it $1,850 I would take it, so the extra $25. did not mean anything and then even less after the 150 rounds of ammo... The sticker on the 44 mag ammo alone was $33.00

I was happy and I am sure he made some money, just not much! Now my wife says I can't go back until Christmas time.... I was just there in Nov 2010 and spent $2,350... Hey at least she did not say I could NEVER go back!

I told him in Nov, IF you treat me right on the prices, I will keep coming back and send people your way. I also said I am not a guy that will stop in every week or two looking taking up your time and then not buy anything for a while... I told him the truth, I will walk in, know what I want and why I want it... I will always buy multiple at one time and a few times a year. And again all you have to do is make it right for me...

Now I will say most independent guns shops will work with you like this for big buys... Big chain store gun dealers not so much...

But this is a local shop and good store to buy anything outdoors from and he hires local people to work for him. So that is important to me...

·
Premium Member
3,448 Posts
Wow, good deal from where I sit

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea from where I sit it was a great deal also...

Now I told my wife, SINCE I have to wait until around Christmas before I can go back the next will be the 14 inch S&W 460..!
Then another one or two other handguns...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have to say both these S&W's shoot GREAT...!

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
You not only bit the bullet, you swollowed it hook line and sinker. So, the saying goes. You must be getting a nice assorted collection by now $4,200 later. You have to love your wife for not complaining. :)

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
the keltec if you did not already know, will take smith 39series mags including 15+ rounders :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the keltec if you did not already know, will take smith 39series mags including 15+ rounders :)
I did not know that, the is the P-11 model. I will have to pick up a few of these thank you for the info!

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Jeeze! Apparently I'm in the wrong career field...

·
Registered
542 Posts
I am all for that! Never buy from big name stores like Bass Pro and so on because they mark whatever you want at full retail price. I purchased my first XD 45 from Bass Pro and guess what...no ammo. I can not like a store who will not sell ammo for any TOOL that is out there. The will not sell 5.56. So please go support your local gun store and buy from them!:twisted:

·
Registered
892 Posts
Yeah you got a hell of a deal. I am really loving the 44 though out all of them.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Agents Callahan and Degeorgio of the ATF will be at your residence tommorw at 10AM. We request that you be present and have documentation for the weapons you've recently purchased and have those same weapons available for inspection. We appreciate your cooperation in the ATF's ongoing effort to discourage the hoarding of firearms and deny average citizens of the opportunity to own some fine firearms. BTW, we will also be auditing your stocks of ammunitions in various calibers in our ongoing effort to make ammunition more readily available to the shooting public.

·
Premium Member
127,710 Posts
Did you win the lottery or were you just born wealthy?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you win the lottery or were you just born wealthy?
I worked hard for everything I have... Now retired at 46 I have to fine somethings to do...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I added the grip ext' on the Kel Tec today... Feels a lot better
Now I need a scope for the 44, any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
WOW! :shock: Congrats! There went your stimulus check??

Retired at 46??? Sweet!!! I must be in the wrong business! LOL

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
"But this is a local shop and good store to buy anything outdoors from and he hires local people to work for him. So that is important to me..."

+1

"I worked hard for everything I have... "

+10 Good for you

Enjpy your guns!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts