Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its about 5" long, don't have it on me or I'd look up the nsn and post a link. but 154cm benchmade straight blade, has a molle black sheath which has been corded inside the velcro on my flak. The handle sticks out, and its black. I really like this knife, but the handles stand out, any practical way to color them? If I get a star drive, take them off spray them down with krylon will that work fairly well? (do I even need to bother taking them off) or will ti cost me my grip.

I'm in afghanistan don't have too many options at the moment. but its a nice knife and it was free, and its just the right size.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Good score yocan.

Are the scales G10 or some kind of micarta like linen or canvas? You say the scales are black?

If they are G10 you could spray them. But it would eventually wear off and get scratched etc.

If they are some kind of micarta and already dyed black then spray paint is probably the only option. But micarta will hold the paint better.

Try to get some pics.:D

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts

like the upper left?

·
Premium Member
127,171 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen. ;)

·
Premium Member
16,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
The Nimravus Cub and Tanto blades are very, VERY nice pieces of equipment. The thumb break holster holds tight until you need it, breaks free with a thought. I've handled 'em before, well-balanced and pleasantly weighted.

Razor sharp, sturdy, and there's something to be said for that aggressive profile. Awesome knives, I envy your find. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts